Lauren

Laurens P.O.V

I was talking to my friend Annabeth Chase as we walked down the hall. I was slightly nervous, my family had the Flu and because I had no desire to get it, I was going to ask Annabeth if it was ok to stay at her place. We were never the kind of friends that did the whole sleep over thing, it just wasn't our thing. I mean sure, it would have been nice to be invited to her place once in a while instead of constantly meeting at my house or the library, but I understood that some people are just kind of private, and that you have to respect that.

Annabeth was really pretty, like stunning. She was also a genius though, which was one of the reasons she hung out with a nerd like me. Mathletes don't usually have tall, blonde, athletic best friends. Unless they were smart. Apparently brains weren't attractive, if she was dumb she would be at the top of the social ladder.

She was always happy though, no wistful glances at the popular tables, and yes, tables, as in plural. There was football jocks, and then there were swim jocks. The foot ball guys sat with the cheerleaders, and were completely horrible. Seriously they were the biggest jerks I've ever seen in my life! They were the generic teen movie kind of douche canoes that never got the memo about this being real life.

The swimming guys were better, more laid back and less self obsessed. Well, most of them were. A few were cocky stuck ups, but the majority of the guys are nice. The leader, Captain, was Percy Jackson. The most attractive guy I think I've ever seen, who was also sweet and funny. The only problem was that he never, ever said yes to a girl.

He always said he had a serious girlfriend, but I don't think anyone really believed him. Don't get me wrong, no one really cared, it wasn't like a huge thing or anything that the single most attractive being at this high school refused any and all advances that came his way.

Not.

Everyone had their own theory, from he's gay to he's dating a model and if word got out she'd get in trouble with her management. When anyone told him about the weird stories people came up with he just laughed, responding with "No, I'm straight, and she could be if she wanted to. She could be anything if she wanted to be" then smiled dreamily like he was remembering someone.

I took in a breath and said as quickly as I could "Annabeth my whole family is really sick, and you know I really don't want to get sick so is it ok if I stayed at your house?" I asked. I waited to get shot down, or for her to ask me to repeat myself because honestly, I barely understood the words that had just come out of my mouth and I knew what they were supposed to be.

She smiled, dang she's good, "Well, I live with my boyfriend, so I would have to ask him before I said yes." in that moment I swear everyone in the hall stopped and starred at her. I myself was really surprised, I didn't even know she had a boyfriend, never mind her living with him!

She raised an eyebrow, "Don't any of you have class's to get to" she made a shooing motion with her hand. The crowd slowly dispersed, trying to hang around for some extra details to fuel the school's rumor mill. She just rolled her eyes, waiting until the majority of them had left.

She pulled her black sleek phone out. I'd never seen it before, and it was totally bazaar. Not quite an iPhone, but still really high tech with a bunch off different apps and stuff. Yes, and stuff, I know I'm very intelligent.

She went into contacts and I saw her click on one titled 'Seaweed Brain' and I read over her shoulder as she typed.

"Hey seaweed brain! I have a friend who's family is sick, she can keep a secret. Can she come and stay with us for a little while?" She sent the message and I could've sworn I heard a ding coming from the Marine Biology classroom.