Paul Blofis

Paul's P.O.V

I was at dinner with my absolutely stunning girlfriend Sally Jackson. We had been dating for about a month and to be honest, she's the most wonderful women I've ever met. She was kind, caring, and an amazing author.

When I first picked her up I knew something was bothering her. She was fidgeting with her fingers and her hair, like I knew she always did when she was nervous. I was pretty scared she was going to break up with me, to be honest the very idea terrified me.

Suddenly she took a deep breath, "Look Paul-" not a good start to this conversation, "We've been dating for a while, and its been wonderful-" There was going to be a but in that sentence, I could feel it, "But-" And there it was.

My heart sunk, here I was with the best women I've ever met and she was about to dump me. They say it gets easier with age, but it really doesn't. I felt seventeen again, heartbroken. It gets better is just a lie they tell you to make you cheer up.

"Theres something I havn't told you" she flinched like I was about to become angry with her. However I was gaining a little hope back. Secrets, as bad as they might be, was not breaking up. 

What secrets could Sally have? She was to sweet to hurt a fly, she wasn't in any messy business, as far I as I could tell she was financially stable and she wasn't moving aw- "I have a son" She blurted.

I tried to hide my shock but by her reaction I don't think it worked very well. "And I really like you Paul, I do, but if you can't except him then there's no chance of a future for us." She held her breath after quickly spitting it out.

I looked at her, this women I had fallen madly in love with, and tried to picture what her son was like, probably really young, and smiled. 

"I would love to meet him Sally," She breathed a sigh of relief and her eyes shown "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you" She hugged me tightly as I wrapped my arms around her. 

"So why don't you tell me about this wonderful son of yours!" She smiled brightly, and I could tell she really loved him.

"He wonderful. His name is Perseus, Percy if you don't want to be glared at heavily" She giggled at this and I joined her, this kid sounded adorable already.

"He has ADHD and dyslexia which makes thing kind of hard for him" She frowned and I copied her. Though they weren't exactly the easiest to teach I loved all my students.

"Wait! I have a picture of him!" When she pulled out her phone and went into her photo's the boy starring at me was not what I expected.

He was 14, 14! I thought he'd be about ten years short of that! Which is ironic, seeing as this kid was kind of short. He was handsome though, and clearly on the brink of a growth spurt. With messy black hair and sea green eyes, I had no doubt with his strong jaw line that wasn't a part of Sally that he took after his father.

His father, it kind of stung when I thought that. Sally had been in a relationship serious enough with a guy to have a kid with him. "He handsome, does he take after his dad?" her eyes softened and I regretted asking. 

"Yeah, like a carbon copy, though his dad's taller. Percy probably doesn't see it though seeing as he's only met him a couple times" I tried not to look relieved but it was difficult. She'd saved me the awkwardness of asking if the dad was in the picture.

He was muscular to, and had some small scars you probably wouldn't see if you weren't staring at him. I handed Sally back her phone. "I can't wait to meet him!" She smiled. 

"And Paul, this you won't be to thrilled about-" I froze "But he's been kicked out of a lot of schools" now I was nervous. The grin in the picture had looked mischievous, sure, but the one that said I'm-gonna-dump-a-bucket-of-water-on-your-head-when-your-not-looking not I'm-gonna-fire-a-cannon-at-a-school-bus of course I didn't think he'd done anything that bad. 

I sighed "Everyone has there reasons for things, I'm sure Percy just made a few mistakes or took a wrong turn at some point. I don't think it's possible for any kid you raised to be bad" She smiled with tears in her eyes and leaned on me once again "Thank you, thank you for understanding" She whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*JUST A LINE BREAK~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked Sally back up to her apartment. She invited me in for coffee and of course I said yes. As we were drinking there was an urgent knock on the door. Sally smiled and walked over it, looking through the peep whole before gasping and throwing the door open.

There stood a blonde girl with grey eyes, a boys arm around her shoulder as they stumbled through the door. The boy was bleeding badly at his side. I looked with horror, who would do that to a kid!

"We were just walking when" finally the girls eyes found mine as she was talking to Sally, "got mugged. Sally who's this?" she asked. Sally turned to me as if she had forgotten about me "My boyfriend, Paul this is Annabeth, Annabeth, Paul!" The girl nodded her head.

"Sorry to meet you like this, I kind of wanted to make a good impression" The boy said weekly from beside her I was confused, he was to tall to be the boy in the pictures. The blonde girl rolled her eyes, "Really Seaweed brain?" Seaweed brain? "Your here badly bleeding and all your worried about is your first impression. Honestly Percy" my eyes widened.

"Should'nt we call and ambulance!" I suddenly yelped. Annabeth shook her head, "It not that bad, a lot of it isn't his blood. The guy only nicked him before Percy got the knife and I called the cops. I think Percy just hit a part that bleeds a lot though, no serious damage." She added seeing my look.

"Cool, yeah. Can I take a shower yet this is starting to sting" He said the word sting as if he was trying to clue Annabeth in on something. Her eyes widened "You idiot, why didn't you say so earlier!" She was obviously very concerned. He just grunted and they quickly made there way upstairs.

I heard the water running, multiple murmurs of 'idiot' and rustling coming from Percy's room. When he came down half and hour later he looked good as new. "Hi mom, sorry I couldn't earlier, I needed a to take a shower" He jokek as he hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled, he was sarcastic, and obviously not ashamed of his mother if he was showing affection for her in front of a stranger and one of his good friends.

She wrapped her arms around him "Percy, I swear to gods your going to give me a heart attack!" Sally muttered and he laughed. "Please don't, I like you here" He snuggled his face against hers. 

She laughed. "I'll try to stay a while then." He nodded, eyes shining. Then he turned to me, I heard Sally mutter something like 'Brace yourself' but couldn't me sure. 

"So your the guy that caught my moms eye, huh?" Suddenly I felt the erge to sit up straight and was extremely nervous. "Yes?" It came out as a question

"Not cocky or arrogant, good" I felt like the boy was examining everything I did "So Paul, do you gamble?" I wrinkled my nose "Definitely not" he nodded like he approved. "What about drinking, smoking? Especially cigars" I furrowed my brows "No, I don't smoke at all and I only drink once and a while." He smiled brightly.

"That's good. Do you think women should work more then guys? Or that hitting a women is ok?" at this he had a stone face again. I was appalled "Of course not! That's horrible! I can't imagine any reason or situation were that would be acceptable." He had interrogated me all while holding his mother.

"Good. Well Paul I look forward to talking to you more, you seem like a good guy" I suddenly wondered what kind of guy's Sally had dated previously "He pass's" He said to his mother. Then crinkled his nose, "And thank god we moved. I don't think that stench would ever have washed out" he kissed his mothers head.

She smiled softly, "Me to Percy, me to" He held her tightly to his chest. 

And that was how I first met Percy Jackson. 

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOoOoO

You like? I DO! I think it's cute. And I hate Gabe, I hope someone broke that ugly ass statue. Seriously. If you guys liked it then..

FOLLOW!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

BREAK SOMEONE FACE WITH YOUR TAPSHOE!

Stay on beat my little dancing ninjas

~Liquidnight