38- His Real Feelings Revealed

Chapter 38 | His Real Feelings Revealed

The picture above is a chimichanga hahahahahaha not my image. Things are going to start and heat up for Kirsten in the next few chapters >;) Also, thanks for the support! I love you all<3 Anyways, qotc is do you have any superstitions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah wasn't joking when he said one of the boys would be with me during passing time to 'protect me' (what am I, a little kid?)  Not that I think he isn't true to his word, but I was kinda hoping he'd forget.

After my first and second hours, Sam showed up to escort me to my classes, and the erratic meet ups sort of made me uncomfortable. I'm not popular by any means, even being friends with the most popular and obssessed with boys in the school, but the sudden attention and closeness makes me feel as if I am.

The major downside is I can't be alone for even one second now, which kinda sucks when all I want is some peace and quiet, but I understand the boys are just doing it because they care for me. If Noah out of all people got hurt, it must mean this guy is truly dangerous, ruthless, and unpredictable.

Although, in Noah's defense, he was caught by surprise when the Black Hoodie threw the final blow. He was more concerned about me, since I was initially the target, so his guard for himself was at it's all time low.

Speaking of the grump, I haven't spotted him at all so far today, which to be honest I'm a bit concerned by.

I never see him in the hallways unless it's a rare occasion and we're abandoning our normal walking routines, and I don't have any classes with him before lunch. Normally, we only see each other at lunch and fourth hour. However, after the sudden change in his behavior yesterday, he's been on the back of my mind, like an annoying bug you scour for but can never seem to catch.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, how did Victoria know about Noah hanging at McDonalds with us? Did he for some reason tattle and tell her he was hanging with me? He knows for a fact she doesn't like me, so why and how would he have the audacity to do that?

I swear, if we go back into the hateful relationship we had before, I'm going to punch something. I've gotten so much more out of him than others, and it would break my heart to see someone I had grown so close with leave my life with a snap of someone's fingers. I've already dealt with that once in my life, and I don't desire to have it reoccur.

The tedious and high pitched ring of the bell instantly zaps me out of my own little world, signalling the end of third hour and scaring me half to death in the process.

I jump half a mile in my seat at the unexpected and ear-splitting sound, shaking my desk in my movement. This isn't the first time the bell has interrupted something I'm doing, so I won't be surprised if there is someone behind it's controls evilly contemplating when they should ring it to give me a heart attack.

After recovering in a moments of hesitation, I'm the only one left in the room, besides a few stragglers who are waiting patiently for their friend to get their stuff. Everyone else must've been prepared and rushed out, eager to get to lunch.

Not fifteen seconds after I trot out of the room, Axel locates me. This routine is normal because we always walk to lunch together, so I expect and welcome his presence when his broad figure appears beside me.

"Hey Clumsy!" He exclaims through a big toothed and pearly white grin.

The cheeriness in his voice surprises me. That can't be the boy that with no verbal explanation stormed out of McDonald's.

In response, my neatly plucked eyebrows crease as I subtly roll my eyes over his features and study his expression, looking for a sign his happiness is rehearsed. I know my friend, and there's no way he could've recovered from that quickly, naturally happy person or not.