33- The Samurai Missed You

Chapter 33 | The Samurai Missed You

About that bio test, it ended up being a fake. Happy and mad at the same time lol. Qotc, what grade are you in?

~~~~

I'm bombarded as soon as I open the door; before I even get to step inside the prison like room, Mrs. McClarson is on me.

Today, she wears her red hair in a very tight bun, which is pulled in at the center of the back of her head. It looks sort of like a strawberry donut, which causes my stomach to growl. Call me crazy, but I didn't have anything to eat this morning, and I'm hungry because of it.

"Kirsten Blair, you're late," she scolds.

With pride, I hold up the sticky note that contains Noah's teachers signature and wave it so her attention is drawn towards it, and not me.

I state the obvious, soon after walking up to her desk in several long strides to hand it to her. "I have a pass."

She inspects it thoroughly to identify it's not a fake before motioning for me to take a seat with the blue paper still in her hand. "We've already started our lesson on phospholipids. Get the notes from someone."

As I obediently head over to my seat, something catches my eye. My attention is drawn towards Victoria, who gazes at me with a sneer.

How does she have the energy this early in the morning? Do her rich parents buy her ten gallons of coffee every morning or something? Whatever it is, I need it for myself.

When she notices she has my recognition she raises her hand, sticking out her thumb and pointer finger while keeping the remaining digits in a fist. She then giggles silently, mouthing 'loser' after a couple seconds. The few people who witness release a few snickers, but otherwise it remains unseen for the rest.

Battling my will to retaliate in some way, I clench my fists to lessen my valiant anger. That girl knows just how much to push my buttons, but I can't give her the satisfaction of my loss in temper. At least, not here or now.

It takes me only a second to think of a plan that will get her off of my case.

To confuse her I shoot her a tight smile, giggling with them as if I am in on the joke. She gives me a look of disgust and puts her hand down, which I don't miss as I turn to sit down.

All the people seated around me are either idiots or people I don't even know, so I don't bother to ask anyone for notes. I doubt they even copied them anyways. I can probably get them from one of my friends later, that is if they even have Mrs. McClarson for Science.

Mrs. McClarson suddenly snaps me out of my thoughts. Literally. With a snap of her fingers, she orders Victoria's attention.

"Victoria."

The previously oblivious girl reluctantly looks up from her nails, which she had been inspecting thoroughly.

"What?" She says, her chilling blue eyes not bothering to hide the glare she sends at our teacher.

I half expect Mrs. McClarson to send her the office. That girl deserves that and more for the disrespect she gives everyone, not just me. She always gets away with it though, probably because her parents can close the school down with only a look of annoyance.

The teacher visibly clenches her jaw, but otherwise ignores Victoria's outburst and continues on. "I asked you a question. Which part of the phosopholipid is polar and which is non-polar?"

"Uh, the phos part is non-polar and the pholipid is polar."

At the ludicrous answer, the whole class bursts into chaotic laughter, and it's hard for me not to join them. I snort, not bothering to secrete my laughter after an unsuccessful three seconds of a failed attempt.