3- Rough Starts

Chapter 3 | Rough Starts

Shout out to my friends Fadedtoblack and pianomusicgirl43 for helping me edit!

Above is how I imagine Victoria. Don't forget to vote and comment!

----------

As soon as I rush into the doorway of my first hour, the tardy bell rings overhead. I would've preferred to get here earlier, but thanks to the rude kid in the hallway I barely had enough time to find this class. It's pure luck I managed to without being late.

By now a grand majority of the seats are taken, and I'm extra disappointed to learn all of the ones in the back are all occupied. I was hoping I could sneak into the back row and stay out of sight out of mind, but that option is now eliminated. Due to this unfortunate factor, I'm forced to take the only available seat.

One in the center of the front row.

Guess my luck has already run out, because that's the seat I wanted the least. It's the seat that will allow everyone to talk about me behind my back, and from there everyone will be able to see me without me knowing.

Maybe this won't be too bad. If I keep my demeanor casual, no one will notice me. Putting my long hair somewhat in front of my face like it's a shield, I clutch my belongings tightly to my chest and walk over to the seat.

Even though I try my best not to draw attention, I can still feel everyone's eyes on me. If I so much glance in any direction besides my lap, I'm positive I will be met face to face with inquisitive pairs of eyes. I'm tempted to tell them all to lay off, but I figure that'll do more bad than good. Anyways, my goal is to become invisible from this point on.

However, a nagging thought blinks in the back of my mind. What if I can't fade into the background anymore because of the incident in the hallway? Is that enough to start big rumors around school? It shouldn't be, after all it's not like I got into a physical fight with this guy. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to deter my new classmates. Some of them must have come from the large crowd that had accumulated around me and the boy, because to my horror, I begin to hear a couple low toned whispers about the incident from across the room.

"I heard the new girl told off Noah today. Does she have a death wish? He didn't look too happy."

A low whistle sounds in reply, then a male voice speaks up. "I don't know, but I heard from a friend she has a hot body. The sight sure doesn't disappoint."

"Ew Roger! She's not even cute," the person replies, disgust obvious within their tone. Now self-concious, I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

That's not all I have to sit through though. Thankfully for me, those people must've started a wild fire, because more conversations begin going on from the other side of the room.

"She's psycho for doing what she did. Telling off a boy twice her size? Especially Noah. Everyone knows not to mess with him."

"I heard she slapped him across the face. I hope he's still hot."

My body itches to turn around and set these people straight before they spread a false rumor, yet I restrain myself. Still, with every other new excuse and story, it becomes harder and harder to remain quiet.

For once in my life, the only thing I desire is for the teacher to enter the classroom. It's the only thing that can save me from all of this harsh chatter about me, some of which is so weird that I somehow feel more uncomfortable and irritated than I already am.