Chapter 37 - Baby Shower #1

Start from the beginning

"I understand."

I told Jake about what happened at the house. "And then guess what? Chase saw us doing unholy things to each other in the pool Monday night and sent a text about it to my phone. He watched us the whole time we were outside. I want to choke the life out of him, Jake."

"Are you serious? Like, who does that?"

I saw Kamea and Briana coming back from first aid.

"Cris, why is he still here?"

"The police need a statement from you regarding what happened. Also, the mall police went to get a copy of the security tape for evidence for the police."

"Kam didn't have any ligament damage in her arm. She may develop a bruise because of how tight he had on her arm. Other than that, she is fine." Kamea walked over to the police to give her statement.

"Thank you, Briana."

"You're welcome. Kam is my friend, and we have to look out for each other."

"We'll see you both when you come back from Florida."

As Kamea was walking back over to where we were standing, Briana screamed, "Kam, look out!"

That jailbird stuck his foot out and tried to trip her.

"She is pregnant, you twit!" I almost jumped him again.

"You are in serious trouble, young man! Harassment, and you could have potentially harmed this young lady's children. Get this piece of crap out of here!"

"Good, we don't need any more mixed children in society. It would serve her right."

I want this guy gone now! Who in their right mind wishes death on a pregnant woman because she is married to someone of another race?!!

"Kam, don't listen to him at all. He is totally sick!!!" Briana and Jake both told her.

"Sweetheart, do you want to go home?"

"No. I'm still hungry. And want to continue shopping for my kids."

"Cris, we will stay with her until you come back."

"I still want Chipotle."

"I'll be right back."

Kam's POV

"So, what are you and Cris having, Kam?"

"A daughter and a son - Isabella Jayde and Kekoa Lorenzo. I wanted them to have those names to honor my mom and brother. Cris and my dad agreed."

"Those are beautiful names. I miss Mama Jayde. It is still hard to believe she is gone." Briana elbowed Jake.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"It's okay. I miss her a lot. But Isabela, Cris's Nonna, Mrs. Alyshea, and Cocoa have been there for us. And guess what? Marco is going to propose to Noeli when we get back to Florida."

"That's awesome, Kam. I am happy for them."

"Thanks, handsome." Cris came back with our food. But, "Where are the tortilla chips?"

"Sweetheart, you didn't ask for any."

"Well, can you be a darling and get me some? Please? I'm eating for three now, remember?" He went back to get me some of their tortilla chips. I get them every time. They are so addictive. Cris came back with two bags. "Thanks, handsome." He gave me a smirk, and I knew he would get me later. Meh, I don't care.

"Well, we will let you both enjoy your lunch. And have a safe trip back to Florida."

"Thank you, Bri and Jake." They got up from the table and left.