cincuenta y nueve

SPG - VIOLENCE

- Margaux's POV -

Waking up next to the man I love is the best feeling in the world. For once in my life, I feel like I am doing the right thing, and that is to choose love.

With only our sheets covering our bodies, I can't help but smile.

Kanina pa ako gising. Kanina ko pa tinititigan ang katabi ko. Of course I am happy. Of course I have no regrets, but I can't help but think about Nathan.

I caressed love's cheeks, feeling his growing stubble. I let my hands drift across his well-built body.

Bahagya akong nagulat nang bigla siyang bumangon. "Good morning." he said, kissing me on the lips.

I mentally cursed myself when I realized that I left my lips half-opened. Mukha tuloy akong bitin.

I looked away. "A-Ahm...good morning."

"Why? You want more, love?" ang tanong niya habang may ngiting sumilay sa kanyang mga labi. He leaned unto me and I didn't bother to object.

I parted my lips, eager to meet his. When they did, I felt volts of electricity course throughout my whole body. I shuddered.

Pumaibabaw ako sa kanya at inatake siya ng halik. I kind of got disappointed when he put his index finger on my lips to halt me. He gave me one last peck.

"I'm sorry, but I do think we need to go somewhere else today." he said.

"And where would that be?" I asked, irritated.

His answer knocked the air out of my system. "To Nathan." ang sabi niya.
.
.
.
We left Vigan two hours ago. We are now on SCTEx en route back to Manila. All my luggages as well as his are on the back of his car.

The car ride was smooth, and surprisingly, I am completely fine that neither of us dared to talk about anything. I think I needed silence the most now.

As if Rico sensed what I was thinking, he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. For the first time in hours, he spoke. "Are you nervous?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Hell, nervous is an understatement, love." I looked at him and he looked back at me, his eyes full of patience and understanding. "I'm frightened."

Again, silence enveloped the vehicle's interior. I fiddled with the cable wire of my phone, which was currently charging under car battery power.

"If..." I looked at Rico.

"You were saying?" I asked him.

"If ever there comes a point where you need to deny how much you love me, I would and I will understand." he said. He looked at me without an expression on his face. "I trust you." ang sabi niya.

I wanted to get mad at him for playing the victim but I realized I was being petty. He was choosing to become the bigger person for my own sake, at ako pa ang may ganang magalit. I sighed.

Two hours have passed again. We stopped by an unfamiliar building. "Love, where are we?" I asked him.

"At my condo." ang sabi niya. I tried observing him for any foul mood, but it seems like he just didn't feel like talking much today.

"You have a new one?" ang tanong ko sa kanya.

He stared at me. "Well, I sold our previous penthouse..." he looked down as if he's trying to find appropriate things to say. "because I thought I would move on better and faster if I moved out the unit that did nothing but make me remember and realize how alone I am ever since you left."