Chapter 20 - Our song

It has been a pretty busy week for you and hanbin. You were busy with all your photoshoot, interview, dance practices  and vocal lessons while hanbin was busy preparing for ikon's album.

However, you still managed to find time to finish up your lyrics for the song that you've promised hanbin despite your busy schedules because you really hope that this song get to be release.

"This song is the only thing which we get to keep and let us reminisce the memories we made when we break up later, I have to hang it there and finish it," you  thought as you remember how the revenge plan is coming to an end now because your debut date is just around the corner.

It has been 2 hours and yet, you've not come up with anything. Most of the lines in the song are hanbin's rapping part so he will take care of his own lyrics. However, although you only have quite a few parts in the song, it was a difficult task for you because you're new to this.

"Ugh I shouldn't have lied to him that I am good in writing lyrics in the first place," you thought to yourself as you let out a sigh. 

Just then, you received a text from hanbin.

"Just think of me and all the happy memories we've made so far if you're having some trouble 💘"

"Omg heol!" You gasped.

"What are you? How do you know that I am actually cracking my head right now trying to fill up the lyrics?" You replied, feeling amazed.

"Of cause, you're the love of life. I know you like the back of my hand," he texted back, sounding cheesy.
"Just kidding, Hanna told me you seem to be having a hard time so I guess my text would be helpful!" He continue, telling the truth.

"Ha, knew it!" You replied back.

You took hanbin's advice into account and it worked! You finished up your lyrics in just two hours time! The lyrics were basically how you felt towards hanbin ; happy and thankful to have someone like him in your life and all about the sweet memories you two have made in the past few months.

Right after you finished, you send a copy to hanbin through email and an email was sent back to you  telling you that the recording will be held next Monday.

"Hey, that was quick! Have you even read the lyrics I wrote yet?" You replied.

"There is is no need for me to read the lyrics.. I mean it's done by my smart girlfriend so how bad can the lyrics be? Be on time next Monday for the recording because girl, I can't wait to hear you sing and finish up the song so it can be on ikon's album!!" Hanbin answered.

You smiled at the reply he sent.
"Ugh he is so sweet I might get diabetes!" You thought in your head.

------------------------------
*DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH*
You woke up immediately to the sound of your alarm clock.

It's 9.30am and the recording with hanbin was scheduled at 10.30am.

You put on make up, do your hair and put on a casual YET pretty outfit. You have put in extra effort today to make yourself look good because it has been a long time since the last time you saw hanbin as you both were drowning in busy schedules.

"Ohh, Waso (you're here) ?" Hanbin asked as he took off his headphones and got up from his seat.

"Ugh I miss you so much," he said as you walked towards you slowly and wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly.

"You sound so tired," you said as you can't help but felt bad for your boyfriend.

You returned the hug and both of you showed no signs of wanting to break away from the hug until Jinhwan who has been sitting at the corner of the studio watching this whole scene had enough and decided to speak up.

"Umm excuse me?" He voiced out.
"Which kdrama is this?" He joked.

You bursts into laughter to hide your embarrassment as you and hanbin then quickly break away from the hug.

"Okay, let's work on the song YO!" Hanbin said awkwardly, to hide his embarrassment as well.

I have always know hanbin is strict whenever it comes to his work but I didn't know he was THAT strict. I've been repeating the whole chorus for 58201737 times because he said one of the notes sounds weird.

"Your voice is amazing! Don't get me wrong but just maybe you can put in a little more feeling to it ey? There is this single note... how do I say this ... you are doing amazing in the vocal part but I feel like it will be better if emotions are added as well," he commented.

Just like that, you spent five hours time for the recording of the song which could have been  easily done in two hours time.

You spent the rest of the day in the studio together with Jinhwan who came as a supporter after you finished recording to hear hanbin's rapping parts.

"Ahh finally!" Hanbin shouted excitedly but not too loud cause he did not want to wake up Jinhwan who has already fallen asleep on the couch.

"Do you want to be the first one to hear this song?" Hanbin smirked.

"Of cause, I have the rights to be the first one right? It's OUR song," you answered as you grabbed a chair and sat beside hanbin, getting all ready to listen to the song.

"Here it is," said hanbin as he hit the space bar on the keyboard.
The sound of your husky voice and the passionate sound of hanbin's rap filled up the studio.

"this song is amazing, really," you said as you gave hanbin a kiss on his cheek and he returned a kiss back to you as well on your forehead.

"But a love ballad..? What are the chances sajangnim will approve this song?" You asked, feeling uneasy.

"Don't worry, if he doesn't approve then we can just keep this song as our little secret and we can play this song during our wedding" he joked, trying to ease your worries away.

"Wow you're really unbelievable," you said as you tried to laugh it off.

"You've worked hard today, good job!" You complimented him like you should and thanked him as you went to his back and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"You've worked hard too," he held your tiny hands in his and placed a kiss lightly on your hands.

*horrrrrr* *horrrrrr*

"Oh god! What's that sound?" You jumped at the weird sound coming out from nowhere all of a sudden.

"Ya, are you okay? What's wrong? Don't be scared, it's just Jinhwan's snoring," hanbin asked as he tried to comfort you but you could see from his face that he was scared at first too.

"I mean, come on,it's 3am now and his snore is just ..." you said, unable to continue with your sentence as you felt embarrassed. 

With that, you two decided to call it a day and stayed overnight in the studio with Jinhwan who has already fallen asleep long ago.

AUTHOR's NOTES 💗💗
Hey ppl! I am back with another chapter!! Thanks for the love and support you all have shown me this past few months while I was away :')

Someone remind me why I chose to do Alevel again :-|

Anyway, I will try to update as soon as possible! Please continue to comment share like and vote for this story!! I have a lot of fun reading the comment y'all wrote.

Thanks again <3
Till next time