Part 60 ~ FINAL PART

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Michael . . you kinda have to fall asleep . . you cannot get better if you don't rest. My god, look at you . . you look so confused . . the bruises in your face . . I wish you didn't have to go through all this"

"My head hurts so bad . . will-will I be ok?"

"You'll be more than just ok, Michael. I'll be right here, day and night if you want me to"

"Day and night? that's a long time"

"You're so silly . . god, I should've brought my phone. I bet you'd have a great time looking at all this footage and laugh your ass off at the things you're saying right now"

. . . . .

"I talked to God"

"Y-You did? . . what did he look like?"

"White . . he was wearing white. It was really nice seeing him"

"I'm sure it was, Mike"

"D-Do you care about me, Casey?"

"Do I care about you?  I love you more than anything in this world. You're who I look up to. You're my heart and everything in it"

"That's a very nice thing to say, thank you, Casey. I love you too . . and I love Destiny . . I . . I wanna . . I wanna marry her . . I wanna propose to her"

"That's great, Michael . . but don't worry about a proposal right now. You need to get better first"

"I wanna propose to her now . . she's carrying my baby . . she's pregnant with my baby, Casey"

"Yes, she is but the proposal can wait"

"It can wait?"

"Yes, it can wait"

TWO WEEKS LATER

~ Michael's point of view ~

I came back home from the hospital about a week ago. I'm still trying to adjust to everything. This plane crash has really opened my eyes to so many things. I always appreciated life . . I've always appreciated the people around me, my health, everything I had . . but now I'm looking at life from a different perspective. 

Life can be over in a blink of an eye.

It all can be over so fast . . so unexpectedly. I'll be going back to work in a few days. Still going to therapy, though. And I'm sure I will be going for a while. I'm still having terrible nightmares of the accident . . but I'm slowly getting better. Zaira has been spending a lot of time with me . . and - believe it or not - she's warming up to Destiny again. They're doing really good with each other. Casey's been doing good too. He's different now. It's weird. He's now all of a sudden really interested in doing well in school. I'm proud of him. He's doing good. I only want what's best for him. 

And Destiny . . gosh, where should I start? She's absolutely amazing. I don't know what I would've done without her. She's made these last few days so much more bearable. Her support and her love kept my spirits up. She's never left my side ever since she first visited me at the hospital. She quit her job to take care of me . . and she's pretty much all moved in here. She still has her apartment but she's got all her stuff here now.

I love her so much. 

I love my whole family so very much.

Destiny and I just got home from a short trip to the mall. I had to get some medication at the pharmacy and she needed some essentials for around the house. No fresh food though, we're going out to eat tonight. She's downstairs, cleaning up the living room. I walk upstairs to the bedroom and close the door behind me. I open my night table drawer and take out a little blue satin box, hidden all the way in the back of the drawer.

I open it and look at the ring.

I was gonna do it tonight at dinner . . but I can't wait.

~ Destiny's point of view ~

Michael just called me to come upstairs. "Where are you?"

"In the bedroom"

I walk inside the bedroom. Michael is sitting on the bed, giving me a huge smile. "What are you smiling about?" I ask and lay down on the bed next to him. "Stand up . . I wanna do something"

"What?"

"Stand in front of me . . with your back facing me"

"And . . for what exactly?"

"I wanna do the trust fall with you"

"Trust fall? you want me to fall? and you're positive that you will catch me?"

"Yes . . I promise . . wanna do it?"

"That's silly, Michael . . why would you wanna do that?"

"Come on . . it'll be fun"

"Alright!" I stand up and turn around. "What now, Michael?"

"Close your eyes, Destiny"

"You promise you'll catch me, Michael?"

"Of course I will . . don't open your eyes . . count to five and then you'll let yourself fall backwards and I'll catch you, ok?" I close my eyes and fold my arms. He better catch me, 'cause this is freaking me out a little. I'm sure he'll catch me though. "Should I start counting now?" I ask nervously. Michael doesn't say a word. "Michael? Do you want me to start counting now? . . hello?"

I open my eyes and turn around. I'm looking at Michael down on one knee, holding an open box with a beautiful ring inside. "Oh my god" I whisper. A warm smile appears on his face. "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you-" 

"Oh my god" I whisper again, covering my mouth in shock. I did not expect this. Not at all. I can't believe he's proposing. He's actually proposing. Michael takes my hand. "I love you more than anything in this world" I can't help but start crying. He giggles.

"Sweetheart . . don't cry . . look at me, please"

I inhale deeply and look at him. 

"Destiny, will you marry me?"

The End