I yawn so Max says, "Let's go to sleep. We both have early mornings tomorrow. "

***

I just got called to paddle out and rescue a woman who is caught in a rip. When I get to her, I say, "Get on the board. Lay on your belly and face that way!"

Thankfully, she understands English so she gets on. And good luck would have it that I catch a wave in. Super easy rescue. When we get to the sand, I say, "See those flags over there? That's where it's safe to swim"

The woman thanks me and walks off. Max isn't at Bondi today. He's at nearby Tama. I end up having another rescue right away. I have to go out farther into a bad swell at North Bondi. The waves are huge and are crashing against the rocks. It's really dangerous.

When I finally reach the man in trouble, I see that he's got a GoPro in his hand. I quickly say, "Pitch that! You need both hands!"

After much yelling, he finally let's go of the camera. He gets onto my board but we're immediately tipped by a huge wave. When we both get back on the board, I turn us around and think about the best approach to get to shore. The boat ramp.

I start to head that way, hoping the surf will cooperate. I get the guy off and watch as he successfully scrambles up the rocks and to safety. But before I can make my next move, a huge wave hits me and punches me right into the rocks. I feel body hit the rocks so hard, it knocks the wind out of me. When the wave passes, I manage to climb up the rocks and get to safety as well.

I get back to the Rhino and hear on my radio:

"Where's Blair? Has anyone seen her after that last wave?"

"She got smoked into the rocks!"

"We just got a call that Blair was smashed into the rocks but got out"

I quickly get on my radio, "Eh, i'm alright boys"

"Blair, come to the tower. "

I drive the Rhino to the tower and go inside. There stands Hoppo, Jesse and Maxi. They all look so worried. Hoppo is quick to my side, "Blair, are you okay?"

I nod, "Of course. "

I walk up and sit down in a chair, looking at the water. Hoppo says, "Look at the huge gash on your head. You're not okay. We should probably call an ambulance. "

I hear on the radio, "Hey, uh, can anyone give an update on Blair, please?"

That's Max. Hoppo grabs the radio and says, "We've called an ambo"

I look at him, "Please tell me you didn't actually"

He nods, "Of course. Look at your head. You at least need stitches"

A few minutes later, the paramedics come into the tower, "Alright Blair, we're just going to take you for some stitches. "

Before I can leave, Max busts in, "Blair! Are you okay?"

He grabs my waist, inspecting my head. I look at the boys who all look confused, "Yeah i'm fine. Thanks"

Hoppo grimaces, "You should be at Tama, Max. "

Max nods, "Of course. I'm sorry. "

He looks at me and whispers, "I'll come over after work to take care of you"

I nod as he walks out. Then I leave with the ambo without looking at the boys.

***

"I heard the panic over the radio and I couldn't stop myself from immediately running to the tower from Tama. I had to make sure you were okay"