Mess

Chapter 11-Mess

***Niall’s point of view***

“PAINT BALL!” I yell as the rest of the boys, Erin, Eleanor, and the band strap on their gear. I already had mine on, I was damn excited.

“Hey, Harry is on my team!” Zayn announces.

“WHY? That’s unfair, Zayn!” Eleanor protests. We all know Harry is the best player-amnesia or none.

“Because I claim him first,” Zayn replies and I roll my eyes.

“Whatever guys, just hurry up, I wanna get this going!” I rush them and everyone nods but I notice Erin struggling with the chest plate. I walk behind her and help with the straps. Then I notice a strand of her hair loose from her pony tail and I tug at it to let her know. She unties her pony tail and reties it, gathering all the loose strands. I can’t help but notice her beautiful nape. I wanted so bad to brush my lips against them.

“Thanks Niall,” she says with a smile, turning her head to face me and her eyes grow a bit bigger, a blush painting her fair cheeks as our faces are merely inches apart. My heart kicks to a faster pace. It was just something that happened a lot with Erin. I was falling for her and I was falling bad, that I knew. In usual circumstances, I try not to fall for a girl unless I’ve known her for far much longer, months and months. I was the type of guy who seldom falls for a girl, someone who was cautious as to who he gives his heart to because I knew, when I start fall for someone, I fall hard. And that was exactly what was happening with Erin. I was falling too hard and too fast and it had no brakes whatsoever. I tried to snap myself out of it but I just couldn’t.

“Come on, E!” Josh yells, tugging Erin’s arm and tugs her away from me. 

That was another problem. As much as I wanted to be alone with Erin, to further get to know her, to give at least a bit more support to my feelings for her, make some sense of it, I just couldn’t. She was always with someone else. Sure, everyone depended on her but as the time passed, everyone started loving her presence. That included Josh who was tugging her to the field grounds.

“PLAY!” Liam shouts and I immediately feel a paintball hit my side.

“OW LIAM! No fair!” I shout and he laughs, running away. I give him a glare then run after Erin and Josh. They were on my team with Zayn. 

Me, Zayn, Josh, Erin, and Jon hide behind a wall for cover. Louis and Eleanor were on the other team and had run off on their own. Louis was a real daredevil on this game and Eleanor went wild sometimes with him so they liked going on their own pace. Sometimes it was as if they had their own team.

“Zayn, let’s go!” Josh nudges Zayn on the side.

“No way, man! Harry is out there, you know how good his aim is!” Zayn hisses at Josh who rolls his eyes. Even if Harry was on our team, which happened once in the past, Harry still liked to hit Zayn with paint balls simply because we knew he hated getting too messy. And we were all pretty certain that even if Harry had amnesia, he'd still be that cheeky bastard who'd hit his own team mate just for the fun.

“Zayn you never like going out because you’re afraid someone would hit your face,” Jon shoots at him teasingly and Erin and I start to laugh.

“That’s not true!” Zayn protests.

“Well c’mon then!” Josh persists and grabs Zayn’s arm, tugging him behind him and they go out in the open with Jon tailing. We hear a few shouts, I hear Liam and Sandy’s voice out as well so they were all there shooting each other.

Erin goes to the side of the wall and takes a peak, I stay right behind her but I guess I was too close as she whirls back around, she bumps into me, I lose my balance and we both fall to the ground, my lips brushing her cheek in the process.