Stay

Chapter 7-Stay

Erin’s point of view 

“Harry? Harry!” I call out to him and he turns sharply towards my voice and relief floods his face.

“What’s wrong, mate?” I hear Niall ask beside me but Harry ignores his question and runs straight towards me and I am engulfed in his arms. 

“Harry what happened?” I ask, rubbing his back as he buries his face in my hair.

“Make them go away,” he murmurs to me.

“Make what go away, Haz?” I ask another then I see Niall walk past me and start talking to the lady at the front desk.

“Just don’t leave me,” he replies then takes a step back and I can’t read the expression on his face.

“Bu-.” I’m interrupted as my vision goes black. 

“What the heck?” I say, tugging the small towel away from my face to see Niall right back beside me.

“Best to take this upstairs, let’s go,” Niall tells me then pushes Harry forward and away from me then places a hand on my back and leads me towards the elevator.

“Why? What happened?” I ask, looking around for the reason of his sudden mood swing then I spot a group of girls by the side, phones with cameras already out and snapping away.

“Crap,” I curse and swiftly enter the elevator.

We go up and reach our floor in silence. At first Niall leads me towards our room but Harry takes hold of my hand.

“Don’t leave,” he says, tightening his hold on my hand.

“But Louis…,” I trail off, not needing to say anymore.

“He isn’t in the room. He hasn’t been in the room a lot. I don’t know where he is,” he replies.

“Yeah, he’s probably with Zayn and Liam,” Niall answers.

“Stay with me,” Harry murmurs, looking me in the eyes and how can I resist? I nod and look at Niall who shrugs and enters our room without another word. Harry gives me a small smile and leads me inside.

As soon as he closes the door behind us he goes over to his bed and sits down.

“I’m sorry for being like this. I just…nightmares haunt me and when I wake up…I was looking for you but you weren’t there and I just started to panic and I couldn’t think right. This life of mine where everything is so new and so different I just can’t cope with it and-,” he chokes off on his sentence and I move towards him, our knees bumping each other.

“Shh, Harry. It’s fine. I’m here now, you’re okay,” I say and brush my fingers through his curls for a bit. 

He looks up at me then tugs at my arm. “Come here.”

His eyes are captivating. They always have been. Every moment he looks into the camera and sings a line, I am immersed, submerged, engrossed, deeply rooted in them. It was hard not to stare at his eyes, feel like you were trapped within them. And this was perfectly like one of those moments because my eyes remain on his as he tugs me down on the bed. He scoots over and we’re facing each other.

“You’re the only one that can make the nightmares go away,” he whispers to me.

I don’t say anything in reply and just stroke his hair until his eyes close and falls soundly asleep which in time, I do as well.

One would ask why I was still here. Obviously this was all eating me alive, the worry, the pressure, the duty, everything about it made me so tense. But Harry saved my life before. And all the boys have saved me by helping go through each and every day. But it was Harry who was different. The “soft spot” every directioner had. He was definitely mine. He was my hero as well as my one kryptonite, my one weakness, the one that could make me do anything, fall to my knees and succumb because he was my hero. Strange isn’t it? But it’s the truth. I mean, how could you leave someone that helped you out so much? This was my turn to save him as well as the whole group. It was the damsel’s turn to rise to the occasion.