"I know, my presence makes everything so much better, but I must."

"Fine." I pouted.

He kissed me, lingering for a second then left.

I sighed and got into bed. I read a little bit then fell asleep on my book.

~*~

I slowly woke up smiling. I looked at the clock. Eight fifty?! I have five minutes to get to class!

I flipped out of bed and quickly got my clothes on. I grabbed my bag and ran out of there without looking in the mirror.

I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me to my first class. I looked at my phone when I was halfway there. Two minutes left!

I sprinted to Biology. I was almost there. I reached for the knob when 'Wham!' I got hit in the face my the door.

"Dang it!" I yelled.

I quickly got up and ran inside, forgetting the person that hit me with the door.

Everyone turned and looked. It was quiet for a second then people burst out laughing.

I looked around confused. Even Carson was chuckling in the back.

"What?" I asked, shrugging.

A freshman girl finally stopped laughing and said, "Your hair and face!"

"What about it?"

Carson got up and walked over, chuckling along the way. "Don't worry Mrs. Lenard, I'll take care of this."

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

He continued dragging me down the hallway. "What's the big deal?!"

"Go into the bathroom and clean yourself up." He said laughing and throwing me into the bathroom.

I just huffed and looked in the mirror. The minute I did though I screamed.

On my forehead was the title of the book I was reading. I fell asleep on it last night. It just said Pride backwards. I had been reading Pride and Prejudice. Next was my hair. If people thought it was crazy the first day, that was nothing. My hair was a crazy mess. Sticking out in every direction possible.

I was completely horrified. I quickly put some water in my hair and ran my fingers through it so it didn't look like such a rat's nest. Once that was finished it was still a mess. I always keep a hair band on my wrist so I threw it up in a bun on top of my head. I have no makeup on, but it's not actually that bad, other than the stupid mark on my forehead! It's not coming off! I finally sighed and settled with it. There's no use in making it an angry red, along with not coming off.

I slowly walked out and Carson was just leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

He looked up when I walked out and had a playful smile on his lips. "Well, the hair looks better, but that mark is still there."

"I don't think it wants to come off."

He laughed and threw his arm around my shoulders. "Oh well, I still love you." He continued chuckling, but I stopped short. Did he just say love? He looked back at me confused. "What's the matter Gracie?" He asked like nothing happened.

"Oh...um...nothing." I smiled and walked with him back to class.

We walked in and everyone turned and stared again. "Looks like the mark didn't come off, but the hair is definitely a step up." Someone said.

"Yeah, I had a rough morning." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well, rough morning or not, I still have things to teach so sit down." The teacher said.

Carson and I went and sat in the back like usual.

Maya nonchalantly sat next to me. I was simply brooding, and waiting for her to say something.

"You know when I saw you run in with the hair like that, it actually didn't surprise me. It suited you well. Haphazard and crazy."

"Yeah, well your hair suits you too Maya, flat and boring." I snapped.

"Flat?!"

"Yeah, you're 'assets' aren't anything to talk about."

"Pfft, you have no room to talk shortie!"

"Yeah, say that to my C cup you little A."

She sat there open mouthed, "Well...you...I....you're such a jerk!"

"I know." I said simply. Her mouth was still hanging open. "If a bug flies in your mouth right now I will die happy just to let you know."

With my dumb luck a fly happen to be buzzing by and the second I finished saying that she sucked in a breath and in went the fly.

She started coughing and flipping out.

"What is going on?!" The teacher yelled.

"A bug flew in her mouth!" I said through my loud and obnoxious laughter. My head was on the desk and I was hitting it, trying to control myself, I was laughing so hard. She was on the ground squirming and coughing. "Well, I guess I can die happy!"

"Will you ladies please control yourselves so I can get back to the lesson?!" She was fuming. "Maya! Go get a drink of water! And Gracie, please control yourself. There's been too many distractions today and I've had it!" She yelled walking back up front.

Maya ran out of the room and I laughed silently to myself for the rest of the period.

**Sorry it's short, but i felt like that was a good place to end the chapter. ;P I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you liked! =)**