Part 55 ~ Mind Games

Start from the beginning

"Dad . . I didn't-"

"LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND TELL ME YOU HAVEN'T BEEN USING THIS STUFF!! I want you to swear to the Lord that you have never used this drug in your life . . look at me Casey!"

. . . . .

. . . . .

"Dad . . I admit it, OK? . . I did it once . . only ONCE!"

Dad slaps me across the face with so much strength, I forget to breathe for a short period of time. I gasp for air, trying to hold myself back from crying. I only did Cocaine once and that was it. I wasn't planning on doing it again. Pot is the only thing I like to do every once in a while . . not just to get high but to kick back and relax . . school is hard . . being a teenager is hard . . but of course Dad doesn't understand. Dad is so strict, he never listens to what I say. 

"If I were you I would not dare run away through that window again and if you do, may God have mercy on your soul!" Dad yells, slamming the door shut behind him in anger. I start crying. I have never needed Michael more than I do right now. I wish I hadn't punched him in the face. I feel so awful about it. I just want to speak to him and tell him that I'm in trouble with Dad and that I need him to help me out of it.

About 15 minutes later the door opens and Mom walks in. "Casey?"

"Mom!"

She closes the door behind her. "Casey, what is going on with you? is it true? did Dad really find Cocaine underneath your bed, honey?!"

"Yea he did . . but mom, I don't do Cocaine . . I was mainly holding it for a friend. I tried it once, but that was it . . Mom, can you please talk to Dad!"

"Honey, he's mad at you . . and he has every right to be . . you are completely out of line doing the things you do! Michael called me and you know what? he was crying when he told me what you did! . . you not only break mine and your father's heart over and over again, you also break your brother's heart. He loves you Casey . . we all love you . . why are you doing this?!"

~ Michael's point of view ~

It's 5:30pm and I cannot believe Zaira tricked me into going to the movies with her and her mother. Just like she tricked me into going to the sportspark. She knew we'd run into her mother here. I love how smart she is but I do not like the fact that she keeps trying to trick me. I respect her feelings towards Destiny but this is not right. She's trying to get her mother and me back together but it's not gonna work. 

We watched an animated movie together . . and of course Zaira made sure that Nastasia and I sat next to each other. She even sat in the row in front of us to give us 'privacy' . . I cannot believe her. "It was really nice, Michael . . thanks for taking me with you guys, I guess I'll be going now!" She looks at Zaira. "Bye sweetie! I'll pick you up tomorrow afternoon, alright?"

"Mom, why don't you, dad and I go out for dinner?"

"Zaira . . wait in the car for me" I say with an angry tone in my voice. This time it's not going to work. Nope. "But dad, don't you think we could-"

"GO WAIT IN MY CAR . . ."

. . . . .

"Ok"

Zaira gets in the backseat of the car and shuts the door. I say goodbye to Nastasia and let her know that she doesn't have to worry about picking her up. . I will drive Zaira back to her tomorrow afternoon. I get in the car and look at Zaira through the rear view mirror. 

"Zaira, I know what you're doing . . and I don't like it"

"What are you talking about, Dad?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about . . you're not a baby anymore . . I'm not gonna go easy on your this time. You're playing a game and I don't like it. Stop tricking me into spending time with your mother. Alright? We're going home now and you will apologize to Destiny for the things you said to her, ok?"