Lena spoke to me covertly.

‘Uh…. what a suspicious looking key. So much so that it is making me curious as to its identity. Although I do sense a hint of danger from it, it feels like fate, such an annoying result since I don’t have much of a choice right?’

After some time, I decided to pick up the key.

“I see, so have you decided on the key?”

I nodded back.

“Just as I expected. Well, now that I’ve accomplished everything I came here to do, I should be heading back. Still, I was half hoping you would choose me as well.”

She said with a coquettish smile, somewhat peeved that I was able to ignore her charms.

“What is this key used for?”

“We don’t know, it is an heirloom which has been passed down in our royal family for generations. All we know is that the key will show us the way.”

“Is it some sort of prophecy?”

“Just don’t go spreading news of this around. This is a big secret of our royal family, with devastating consequences.”

“I understand, thank you for entrusting it to me.”

“Not at all, instead I should be thanking you instead for volunteering to investigate the mysteries of this key which has confounded my family for so long. If you come to the capital, be sure to visit me. Keep this with you so that it will be easy for you to meet me. Good, Count Sion, prepare the wagon I’ll be on my way.”

She disappeared as quickly as she had arrived, leaving a golden pendant engraved with the royal family’s emblem in hand.

“A mysterious key huh… let’s just be glad I’ve avoided the calamity.”

Putting the key and pendant in my pocket, I headed back to my room. The Count’s family seeing how tired I was didn’t ask any questions and just allowed me to go.

When I arrived, Viezda and Lilinor were already there, waiting for me.

“I’m back.”

“Good job, it was a nice battle of wits.”

“Master has everything been resolved?”

After giving her a curt nod, I lied down and quickly fell asleep. I was so tired from having my nerves on the edge for the last few hours.

“Good job Johra, it was one step more.”

I once again heard the voice which sounded like Lilinor’s, but came from somewhere else. It’s like having something at the tip of your tongue but being unable to grasp it.

“Who are you?”

“You’ll know when the time is right.”

“Can’t you simply just tell me now?’

“ No. It it also due to a promise on your part.”

“Why is it that I can’t remember?”

“You did.”

“What?”

As I woke I saw Lilinor’s cute, child from sleeping peacefully. One would never imagine that she was in fact a terrifyingly large dragon. Viezda was on the floor, sleeping with her head leaning against the bed.

“Viezda why are you sleeping in such an uncomfortable position?”

Picking her up I carried her over to her own bed.