chapter 27

I went back to the tent to learn the basics of being a human adventurer. From where the nearest human settlement was, to joining the Adventurer's Guild, I stayed until midnight to absorb all this new knowledge.

"Ok Ian, I have to get going now."

"Are you sure you are ready for this?"

I nodded.

"I don't know when the League members will return and I'm also on a clock because I have to be back here to meet with the Asmodians and Elves."

"Yes. I understand, I will keep thinking about how to help you."

"Ok, until next time!"

We parted ways and I met Alpeon as I was leaving the tent.

'Alpeon, I'll be sending my Avatar to the human world. While I'm away, we can stay in contact through Ian, so keep me posted on the situation here.'

'Yes Lord, but isn't it possible for us to complete this mission in your stead?'

'It would be difficult, it requires a lot of socializing with the humans.'

'You could take Jenna and Arin along with you, they have the Hide skill.'

Taking both of them would definitely bring about trouble because they would still bicker.

'Yes but I'll only be taking Arin this time around.'

Although both Jenna and Arin were capable of using Hide, Jenna was even more capable having more unique skills. However, most importantly she had a very fickle personality and would sometimes get out of control. I would definitely feel better leaving her behind.

'Alpeon, I'll be back!'

'I look forward to seeing you return, Lord.'

Arin and I flew up to the top of the Pit precipice with the help of the Golden Antilliens .

"Wow, the view from here is spectacular.

Looking back I stared at the jungle below, with the river flowing into the lake as it reflected the bright moon hanging in the night sky.

"Let's get going."

I took Arin along and headed to the closest human settlement. I was carrying a small bottle of nectar, Excalibur wrapped up in a cloth and slung on my back and a small pouch containing precious jewels which I kept hidden away.

"Lord, why don't you just kill all your enemies?"

Arin who was walking beside me asked, breaking the silence.

"Well, in most cases creating a relationship with your foes can be more fruitful than simply killing them off."

"Hmm... more fruitful. I can't seem to think of anything, the best use I can think of for an enemy is to use them as nutrient for the children."

I worried about her mindset. If she kept going through life as a violent savage, she would end up with too many enemies which could be the end of her.

"Arin, There are many people out there who are stronger than us, so we have to cooperate and find allies to fight them off together."

"The way I see it, Lord you are the strongest in this world."

"Well there is Soleste, and have you seen my main body's pathetic state after the battle against the League?"

"Soleste is stuck in his Tomb, and the League are nothing but a bunch of cowards using tricks. The King is the strongest!"

In Arin's mind I seemed to be the strongest in the universe and I didn't wish to burst her bubble.