chapter 11

Fortunately my idea worked, I guessed that it had faced off with the dragon before, so in principle, the dragon hide should be able to resist the acid attack without melting. Looking down at the floor, I realized that If my guess had been wrong I would have melted and disappeared without leaving any trace.

'Now it's time to counterattack.'

"Fireball! Fireball! Inferno! Inferno!"

"Corpse Explosion! Corpse Explosion! Corpse Explosion!"

I used up all my MP spamming spells in combination with the sulfuric gases surrounding the approaching King.

Previously, I had simply sent out small spells to ignite the gases but this time I let it all out, aiming for the gaps where the gas was seeping in from, causing an enormous explosion.

Boom! Bang! Ka-Boom!

Kueeeeeek

Kuoooooo!

The cave collapsed under the unprecedented scorching red fire storm. I was completely covered in the Dragon skin, but I was still sent tumbling and rolling dozens of times while I embraced the baby dragon protectively.

After some time, the dust finally began to settle and I could see King buried beneath the rubble, I checked its status hoping to have done a lot of damage. Unfortunately, against all expectations, it was already back to full health, what insane regeneration power. At least it appeared to be stuck and unable to move under all those heavy rocks.

'Little bastard, you surprised me with that trick but it's not enough to finish me off. I'll simply call over my minions to help me remove these rocks, you have no way of hurting me.'

He was right, even now the King still held the upperhand because as soon as those rocks were removed, we'd be back to square one. Luckily it was currently unable to move its head around, so it couldn't use it's glands to spit out acid, one of its greatest weapons was temporarily neutralized.

Putting the young dragon down to the side, I pulled out two triangular shaped objects from my bag.

'What...what is that?'

I held the objects in each hand and approached it without answering.

Zaaap Zaaap!

At the last moment, from the horn on his head, the King shot out a lightning bolt in self defense.

Tzzzzz!

[You have learned Lightning resistance Lv1]

[You have learned Stun resistance Lv1]

The lighting didn't affect me because of the dragon skin, it simply bounced off on contact and hit the floor.

'So nice, I learned two skills without suffering any damage!'

Reading the messages which appeared, I was once again thankful for the protection the dragon skin provided.

Shick Shick

The last hurdle were the king's large mandibles. It was worried about my approach so it lashed out in self-defense.

Although it's size is enormous it still has the body of an insect so the joints are it's weakness. I got close and aimed directly at the joint under its chin.

"Fireshock! Fireshock!"

The two spells hit the sensitive joint almost simultaneously making the King flinch and give off an involuntary shudder lasting just 0.6 seconds. I used that short opening to jump up, using it's jaws as a step and stabbed the sharp triangular object I was holding into its eye.