chapter 93

I returned an hour later and met up with the girls.

“What did you go out to do Johra?”

Asked Lilinor curiously, but I simply shook my head.

“You’ll see later.”

Lilinor wanted to know what I had planned, but a secret arrangement doesn’t surprise anyone if you reveal it in advance. We took the chance to rest before delving back into the maze. In shifts of two hours, we always had one person on sentry duty.

“There don’t seem to be any adventurers coming in.”

Despite this supposedly being a famous dungeon, no one was around which made me quite curious as to why.

“Johra, the Jeduth dungeon was later known as the adventurer’s grave. Unlike the other 3 dungeons, this one has a very high difficulty from the very beginning which led to mass casualties. Just five years ago a country led a large punitive expedition here, but they were never heard from again and it was deemed as a failure.”

“Hmmm”

I got a better understanding due to Lena’s explanation which she learned from all the books we scanned.

‘Well, the magic in the maze is quite bewildering, and there is the Beholder right off the bat so I definitely understand others giving this dungeon a wide berth.

After hearing Lena’s update, I began contemplating something when Viezda asked me.

“What are you thinking about master?”

“Nothing much, just thinking how I’m going to get my revenge?”

“Really, you still want revenge on that thing? Then I might have to take my true form.”

“No need , no need, would you even fit inside in your dragon form?”

“Well we would just have to try, the defenses in the dungeon are meant to detain a God class being. If I don’t take my true form we won’t have any chance to kill that thing.”

Lilinor seemed to be quite conflicted, but I had already come up with a solution.

“When the time comes, just leave it to me. I’m confident I can find a way.”

“Are you sure? You do remember that the Beholder can negate any magic around it within a certain radius right? Not to mention that its defenses are very high so unless I take my true form, I don’t think we’d be able to even damage it.”

“I’m aware already, after all we did just face it. Don’t worry, if things don’t work out I’ll just run away again. I still have some more of those detoxification potions.”

“Ugh! Not those things again.”

I let out a chuckle seeing the look of disgust evident on their faces. Potions that worked well often didn’t taste too good for some reason.

“Shall we go?”

“Johra do you really have confidence in yourself?”

Lilinor pulled the edge of my sleeve and stare at me imploringly with her large beady eyes.

Although it looked like an innocent child staring at me, I wasn’t deceived as I thought about her true self.

“Well… I have a certain level of confidence in my plan.”

“OK, I believe in maste…r!”

‘Wait, what’s going on?’

As we entered the Labyrinth, the two girls hid behind me, leaving me to take care of the occasional Goblins with a swing of my sword as I chose the shortest route towards the Beholder.