chapter 14

"Johra, there are incredibly large cobwebs ahead."

The forest before was covered entirely in white, there was even a giant termite hanging on one of the many webs.

'How is this considered neutral? They captured one of my termites to feed on.'

I was also somewhat worried, after all, the spider queen Bianca was a level 70 monster. Be it in terms of stats or skills, it wasn't very different from the previous king.

'Still, since when has the outcome of a battle been decided solely by the Status page?'

Shuihhhhhh shuiiiiiiiit

Many spider webs, as thick as finger appeared out of nowhere.

Tsshhh~

Whenever any of them got close to my body, they would break apart and dissolve.

'Seems to be the work of my Life Absorption skill, I'm glad I don't need to deal with all these spiderwebs. Wait, why did all their statuses change from neutral to enemy all of a sudden?'

The monsters in this forests were spiders named Arachnids and until now they had been listed as neutral. One of them sprang up to a nearby tree and stared at me with its many eyes.

'Are you guys truly trying to pit yourselves against me?'

The spider that was just slightly bigger than a giant termite fled instantly upon hearing my telepathic message.

"Huh? How did you do that Sir Johra?"

Kueeeeeek Kueeeeeeek

Ian and Mallepi were both stuck in a web behind me, jerking around. struggling to get loose.

Tsshhh~

Kuet?

I simply approached them and the web instantly turned to dust. Mallepi was staring at me, completely dumbfounded.

'If you consider how easily I destroyed their webs, I just might be a spider's natural enemy.'

"Whoa ~ I'm alive! I really hate spiders!"

I could understand Ian's loathing and even shared it somewhat. It was more of an instinctive distaste for their species.

'Ian, I'm afraid I won't be able to solve this problem peacefully, please return to the teepee."

"But... I want to help you."

I shook my head firmly. In a battle with monsters there were simply too many variables to consider, and if I had to worry about protecting Ian, it would only be that much more difficult.

"Hee-Hee! Definitely I'm the most useful!"

'You head back too Gwyn.'

"Why? I'll be helpful!"

'It's too dangerous.'

"But I'll be safe inside your skull."

'No, just listen to me alright?'

Tchhh! Tchhh!

Gwyn was staring at me with a pouty face while Ian looked at Gwyn with her arms crossed, giving off an "as expected" feeling.

"Sheesh! Ok, I'll go back to where I always stay. Next time you come, you better bring a present, otherwise I won't play with you!"

Gwyn seemed a bit more upset than usual.

'Ian, head back now.'

"I'll watch for just a little while", she answered.

I couldn't persuade her to go back right away after seeing her worried face.