chapter 52

I had selected my top 100 soldiers and readied them for departure. Over the past year and a half we have been using the Void Scuttles found beneath us to train and improve our strength. I also recruited exemplary creatures from the many races which chose to join our great city.

Our entirely airborne, top 100 man unit consisted of several different species, 1 Demi-Lich, 1 Dragon, 30 High-Antilliens, 30 Elder-Arachnids, 20 Asmodians, 10 High-Orcs and 8 Rare creatures which had joined us a bit later.

My troops were for the most part situated in the E~D rank range and were about the same level as the former King of the Pit. If he were to be faced with such a force, he would have no choice but to turn tail and run.

Of course I was still miles ahead of them in terms of strength, but I couldn’t take on a bunch of nations on all by myself. I was proud of the squad of elites that I had raised of the past year or so.

Naturally the one with the largest gains was my partner, Valenor. She had absolutely ravaged the Scuttles until her rank was promoted all the way to B+. The difference between a B- creature and a B+ was like that of heaven and earth. She had also shored up one her her biggest weaknesses which was her low health. With her now 20 million HP and a passive recovery skill gained from hunting various monsters, she was a true force to be reckoned with.

I had mostly been working on maxing out my skill levels. Unfortunately, there were some like Creation Magic and Undead Creation that didn’t rise with simple repetition. I would have to find another approach for them but Gnoss didn’t seem to have any ideas.

“Can’t we go ahead just the two of us?”

“No, I’d rather that we all travel together and fight as one cohesive unit.”

According to my sources, the Devil King’s armies which were spearheaded by Lorina and Roslin had been engaging in multiple raids against the Human Union’s resistance points as well as the Messiah who aided them. When I learned that the Union was on the backfoot, we came to their aid, travelling at great speeds

When my forces arrived, we positioned ourselves between several vulnerable castles which we believed to be likely targets. Should any of them suffer from an attack, there was a beacon system in place to alert allies, and we could respond as quickly as possible.

“Johra, are they over there?”

Valenor’s dragon vision was superior to mine and she could see a part of a castle burning from a great distance.

“Let’s go!”

We were the first to arrive to the castle, and Valenor perched herself atop it’s tallest tower.

“Ha ha ha! It’s been a long time, Lorina!”

I laughed loudly upon seeing the miserable sight of the person I had wanted to get revenge on for some time now. Her formerly sparklingly heroic armor was scarred and covered in human blood, her air of superiority and smugness had long disappeared.

I was truly excited by the scene.

“Damn undead, was this trap all your doing?”

She cut down the surrounding humans with a swing of her sword before pointing it up to me angrily.

“Trap? Ha ha ha, well if you can call your current hellish life a trap then sure.”

“You!”

Lorina was staring at me, angry and weary from battle

Likewise Roslin and Sigmund were nearby, also tired from the long battle.

‘Shall we kill them all Lord?’