❤️ Chapter Twenty-Four ❤️

"Psst." I felt the bed dip under someone's weight. I groaned and rolled over, covering my face with my arms. "Pssst."

I looked up and saw Anthony, smiling down at me. He was shirtless, and his skin was glistening from weat. I scrunched up my face and pushed him away from me.

"You stink. Why are you sweating?"

He smiled at me and stood up. "Went for a run."

"Take a shower," I muttered, sitting up and pressing my fingers to my temple. "Woah."

"Hey, hey..." He leaned over me, staring into my eyes. He looked worried. "You okay? What's the matter?"

"Just a headache. I'm fine. Go take your shower." When he didn't move, I glared up at him. "I'm fine, Anthony. Shower. Now."

He pouted a little and then kissed my forehead. "Fine."

When he walked out the room and into the bathroom, I let out a sigh. I wish I knew why I was in the hospital. I have a right to know. I mean, it's not like Anthony was in the hospital from some injury. I think I should just ask him. He's been avoiding it, for some reason, and I want to know why. I heard a phone ring and I turned to see Anthony's phone on his dresser. i walked over to it and looked at the caller ID. Alex. Why was that name so familiar? Why can't I remember? I tapped the screen, answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Anthony?"

"Um, no. He's in the shower."

"Wait--is this Roxie?"

I was right. I knew her. But how?

"How do you know me?" I questioned, sitting down on the floor.

There was a pause. "Why are you answering Anthony's phone? I thought you hated him."

That peaked my interest. Obviously she knew something I didn't. I sat up a little straighter, raising an eyebrow. I ooked in the doorway, making sure no one was coming in. I didn't want Anthony to walk in and take the phone. If Alex thinks I hate him, he must have done something. But what?

"Why would I hate Anthony?"

Another pause. "Could you just tell Anthony to call me?"

"Wait! Why would I hate Anthony? Do you know something? Do yo know why I was in the hospital?" I fired the questions all at once, suddenly feeling frantic.

"I'm sorry--I have to go."

"No! Alex! Alex!"

"Roxie?"

I looked up and saw Anthony staring down at me. He wore a white towel around his hips and had a smaller one to dry his hair. I stood up, now feeling angry. That's it. I want to know what hapened. Now. I pressd the phone into his hand and glared up at him.

I cared about Anthony. A lot. But if he didn't do what I say, I'll kill him.

"Call her back. Now."

"Roxie, what's--"

"Now!"

He gulped, but nodded. I watched as he dialed her number. I heard a faint hello.

"Put it on speaker," I ordered, crossing my arms over my chest.

He obliged, but I could tell he was getting nervous. "A-Alex?"

"Anthony! Anthony, I need you."

I raised an eyebrow. I really hope she didn't mean that the way it sounded. Because if she meant it the way it sounded, I'd definitely have a reason to kill him.