♥ Chapter Seventeen ♥

"Hey, did you talk to him?" Symone ran up to me, placing her arm around my waist.

"Um...yeah."

She smirked. "Everything good?"

I nodded and took a sip of my bottled water. "Yeah. We talked and stuff."

I looked down at my feet, remembering our conversation. Anthony came up with a whole plan to kill Vincent. He would gather up a few niggas that also wants out too and...well that's all he would tell me. I dont really agree with the plan. Its too dangerous. Vincent's dangerous. He killed his own parents for God's sake. I mean, Anthony's nothing to Vincent.

If Anthony tries something and everything blows up in his face, Vincent wouldnt even stop to think about killing him. Anthony's risking so much. He's risking everything for me...and honestly, I'm sort of doing the same. I'm glad I told him, I am, but if I knew he was going to make this whole entire plan, I would have just fixed this myself. Maybe I still can before this all goes too far.

"Good." Symone kissed my cheek. "Well, bitch, I should get to class before Mr. Ford shits his pants while yelling at me for being late again."

I nodded. "See you in Bio."

We parted ways and I began walking to the library.

"Hey!"

I turned around and saw this guy walk up to me. "Um...hi?"

"Oh, sorry, you don't know me. I'm Chris. I'm new." He extended his hand towards me, giving me a warm smile. "Do you know where the chemistry lab is?"

I shook his hand. "Uh, I'm Roxanne. It's on my way, I'll take you there."

"Thanks." He ran his hand through his dark brown hair and gave me another smile. "Roxanne, huh? Interesting name."

"Thank you, I guess. So you're new here. Did you...transfer or...?"

"I, um, I got kicked out of my old school." He blushed and looked down. "Stupid, really, but I'm trying to start fresh."

"Oh yeah? I'm intrigued now. Why'd you get kicked out?"

Hopefully not for gang activity. I'm just so done with that.

"I don't really want to talk about it, if you don't mindd."

I nodded. "Yeah, of course. Here's the chem lab."

"Thanks." He placed his hand on the door knob but didn't open it. "Do you mind if I sit with you at lunch?"

I blushed. "Uh.."

"I mean, it's just that you've been so nice. I just...nevermind. Forget I asked."

"No! No, sure. I'll see you at lunch."

"Okay...see you, Roxanne."

I waved. "Good luck in chem."

*******************************************

"You're late."

I sigh and walk to my seat. "Sorry, I was just--"

"Wasting precious time. Take out your text books and read pages 456 to 460. Answer the questions on the following page," my biology teacher sighs, rolling her eyes. "If you don't finishansweri mg all the questions, you'll stay afterschool in detention."

I rolled my eyes and began to work.

"Psst."

I looked over to see Symone, pointing at her phone. I pulled out mine and read the text.