24| Mixtape 1; Acoustic.

Mulai dari awal

Annie tugged on Luke's jumper, flicking his hood up for him as she unlocked her car from the doorway. Dragging him outside, they ran to the car and into the boot, which was covered in pillows and blankets and some old fairy lights Annie found in her garage.

Her father had a garage full to the brim with sports cars and SUVS and other cars Annie doesn't know the name of. Even the slight mention of her cars Luke would get excited and start asking questions she didn't know the answer to.

"So, where are we?" Luke chuckled, patting at the duvet below them and pillows behind him.

"In the boot of a car." Annie giggled, pulling herself closer to him by the fabric of his shirt. She closed the boot door, licking her lips as she pulled the duvet over the both of them.

Luke laughed before wrapping his arms around her body, tugging her closer and allowing her head to rest on his lap.

A silence settled in the atmosphere around them, the tipping and clattering of rain on metal being the only symphony heard. For Annie, it was peaceful, calming, a lullaby almost. For Luke; it was the ominous drop in a cave, a shiver of uncertainty when walking the street alone, a loud bang heard in the middle of the night.

Luke wasn't scared of the rain, he wasn't an idiot, he was scared of the aftermath, the uncomfortable and cold and helpless. His doctor referred to his problem like the rain; terrifying, powerful and never ending. Luke thought it was stupid at first; rain wasn't scary, it wasn't that powerful, it did end.

Yet, ever since that appointment, his last appointment, whenever it rained this was all that Luke thought about. Until now, where he was thinking about the delicate girl in his lap. The sweet darling who was running her nails up and down his arm, cocooned in duvets and warmth as they shared this memorable scene.

"What's the surprise?" Luke remembered, shuffling down so his feet touched the end of the boot, his legs curling up and moulding around Annie's. Their heads parallel, their smiles symmetrical, their hearts in sync.

"Well," Annie began, tugging the duvet over both of their shoulders and embracing the warm, fatigue filled air around them. "My parents are going away again in a few days," She sighed, her voice barely a whisper, the space around them too acoustic for any heavy-metal noise to disturb the relaxation between them. "And my mum suggested we go on a road trip, we could invite Ashton, Calum & Sophie, maybe even Michael."

Luke's eyes opened, scanning the empty tunnel to try and find the light at the end, to find the air in the water and the gravity in the sky, to find her. Fingers trickled along his jaw, underneath his pearly eyes and tugging at his heart.

"We don't have to, its completely up to you." Annie informed, kissing his cheek as she intertwined their fingers.

"I'd have to ask-" Luke started, unsure of his mother's reaction and whether or not she'd allow him to go. Then he remembered that he was 18 now, he was an adult and he could do whatever he wanted. He wanted to travel with Annie. "I'd love to, sounds like so much fun. D'you really want me to come though, I'd probably be-"

"I wouldn't go if you didn't. I promise we'll have such a good time, I'll take care of you too." She giggled, resting her head underneath his as she pecked his Adam's apple.

Momentarily, Annie wiggled out of Luke's grip and crawled to the front of the car, turning on the radio and playing IndieFM, the song 'Leave A light On (acoustic)-Tom Walker' came on. Squirming back, she wrapped herself in the puffy duvet and Luke's arms, smiling when he began to hum along to the melody of guitar and rain.

"Baby?" Luke whispered, leaning his head down and nuzzling his nose into her hair. She smelled like lavender, which Luke would associate with his grandparents' home as his nana was obsessed with flowers and herbs, an odd addiction which he was forbidden to ask about, though he didn't have any interest in doing so anyway.