12| Friday Night.

SEEING BLIND

12|Friday Night.

All day Annie had been shaking from excitement and nervousness, her third date with Luke was tonight and she had seen plenty of movies to know what that means. And considering Luke's reputation she didn't think he'd want to wait too long before becoming... intimate.

But, he no longer has the 'fuck boy jock' reputation, as much as he may possibly miss it. Now, Annie thought, he was so much more polite, and to her, more attractive.

She was rushing around her room trying to find the right outfit to wear. Firstly, she was going to the parlour to work for a few hours, then she was going to meet Luke at the restaurant around 7:30pm. Luke said he'd get Ashton to drop him off, then they could walk back or get a taxi possibly.

She realised the best option was probably going to work in normal clothes then getting changed after her shift into something a little more dressy. Luke told her she could wear sweatpants for all he knew, but she wanted to put in the effort as she could see he did the same. He didn't wear his baggy jumpers with floppy hair, he always had a nice button up of sorts with his hair spiked up.

She picked out some simple clothes, packing the others into a bag as Carla dropped her off at work.

Annie works with another boy from school, Michael, he's in the same year as her but she never sees him around. He had a few piercings of his own, he didn't talk too much but over the few weeks of working there, they seemed to of created a friendship.

Annie enjoyed Michaels company, he often said crude jokes which she couldn't help but find funny. He was very different from Luke, not that she was comparing, from his hair to his voice.

Annie had told him about her date tonight, he seemed interested even when he said he didn't care. Annie knew he was joking, she loved talking about Luke, so it didn't make her stop anyway.

Luckily for her, her shift finished in ten minutes. Michael said she could go and get changed now, the place was empty and about to close anyway.

She did so, changing into the tight black off-the-shoulder dress she decided on. Black heels accompanied the look as she strutted out from the bathroom, ruffling her hair with her hand briefly.

"Didn't you say this guy was blind?" Michael commented, comically chewing on some popcorn as he looked her up and down.

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't look nice. And anyway, we do this thing where I let him feel what I'm wearing." Annie shrugged, taking some of his popcorn and placing it in her mouth.

"Are you sure he's not just trying to touch you up?" Michael raised his eyebrows, leaning against the counter as a yawn escaped his lips.

"Yes I'm sure. Now, I'm off, have fun locking up." Annie winked, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she patted the red-haired boys head.

-

She arrived at the restaurant at 7:45pm, so she thought she would have seen the boy sitting down and waiting. She text Luke on her walk over, but she hadn't had a reply yet, making her head slightly clammy.

He wasn't here either, allowing her to sigh in somewhat relief as she wasn't the one who was late.

She assumed he was getting ready, fussing about what to wear or maybe Ashton was a little late. Maybe even his phone died, and he's actually on his way right now.

Luke, however, wasn't rushing to get changed. He wasn't late because of Ashton and he wasn't on his way right now. He was actually passed out in bed, the soft humming of his stereo lulling him to sleep.