4| The Everything.

SEEING BLIND

4| The Everything.

"I look like an idiot, don't I? This was your plan all along wasn't it? Set me up with a cute girl who probably doesn't even like me and then try and help me with it but actually make me look like an idiot." Luke rambled, feeling over the clothes that Ashton had picked out for him.

He didn't look like an idiot; he looked smart and fresh and new. Ashton had chosen out a black shirt and jeans, Luke never wore shirts. He didn't look too dressed up, yet he didn't look like a slob, and that was the goal Luke set.

"You look fine, she'll love it as long as it isn't one of those fucking jumpers you wear all the time. This looks like you put a little effort in." Ashton patted his back, picking up his walking stick and passing it to Luke as they started to get to the car. Even though Annie didn't live too far away, as it was quite cold out Luke thought it was better to drive. Ashton didn't mind driving them, afterwards he was going to spend some time at Rosie's until Luke text him.

Luke closed the door behind him, leaving his seatbelt off as it was about a minute to Annie's. Ashton helped him out the car, walking to the front door and about to knock until Luke stopped him. "Can you, like- hide? But still tell me what she looks like but try not to make it obvious." Luke thanked him as Ashton stood behind Luke.

Even though Luke was taller, Ashton was slightly broader, making this whole situation look like Dumb and Dumber. Luke knocked, hand holding a small bouquet of purple tulips as he shifted on his feet. Annie opened the door with a wide smile, giggling at the boy wearing sunglasses at night. Of course, he had his reasons, but he still looked a little silly to Annie.

She was wearing a tight white dress that reached her mid thighs with a small jacket that (in all honesty) wouldn't keep her very warm. But she looked amazing, stunning even.

"Woaw..." Ashton mumbled, intimidating Luke even more. The fact that she could take his words away scared him, was she out of his league?

"She looks hot." Ashton whispered to Luke, hiding back behind him once he'd finished staring at Annie.

"I can't stay that! That's rude, what's a better word?" Luke hissed, his face turning sideways slightly to get closer to Ashton.

"Pretty, beautiful, stunning, gorgeous-"

"Remember you have your own girlfriend." Luke threatened, turning back to a red and giggling Annie who couldn't help but think this friendship was adorable.

She never would have thought Luke was the one pushing Ashton into the lockers, mocking him for his good grades and glasses. He's even mocked him for being 'whipped' over Rosie, he mocked him for anything. And now they were best friends, or at least Luke thought so, because friends who make blind jokes together, stay together.

"You look- Uh- beautiful." Luke smiled, handing the flowers forward and shivering once their fingers touched. It wasn't important, it's not like she kissed him or did anything of that genre, her fingers simply grazed his, but he was so excited. Excited for what the night had to hold and to give.

"Thanks Ashton," Annie chuckled, smiling to the boy as she placed a hand on Luke's arm, squeezing it reassuringly and allowing him to know she was only joking. There she goes again, with the touching. Now his arm was on fire, and nobody was going to put it out. "And thank you Luke, for the flowers, they're my favourite." She kissed his cheek briefly, and now Luke was sure he was going to faint. No way she just did that, weren't girls supposed to kiss the date at the end of the date?

"Look, now you've made him all flustered and red." Ashton prodded Luke's cheek, probably as pay back for the years of embarrassment and harassment he had sent to Ashton. But nothing made Luke hate him more than this very moment.