3| It's A Thing.

SEEING BLIND

3| It's A Thing.

Luke doesn't over think. Especially not about girls. Not girls he just met. Or girls he didn't even know what they looked like. But here he was, overthinking as to why him and Annie haven't gone somewhere yet. She said she'd like to go out sometime but when was sometime? He never really asked girls on dates, he wasn't that type of guy when he was on the team.

When he could see.

He wasn't sure if he should bring it up next time they saw each other, or if he should never bring it up again. He had no idea if she said yes because she pitied him, or she actually liked him. Sadly, he could never tell, he could never see her smile, her eyes, her.

Luke felt Ashton's arm lead him to somewhere not too far away from their lockers - which coincidentally were only three apart. He didn't ask any questions as usual, just following Ashton along and trusting him with literally his life.

After one boring lesson of chemistry, it was finally time for Lunch and Luke was able to sit next to Annie again. He didn't even understand why he was excited to sit next to her, it's not like he can see anything provocative- or anything at all for that matter.

Now he was imagining what Annie looked like... and for once he wasn't just thinking of anything sexual. No, he's never thought of her like that, but it was often on his mind when girls would throw themselves at him.

He may have had a girlfriend for the last eight months before the accident, but she was just as bad as him. Sometimes at parties they both might have got a little too drunk and slept with the wrong person, but they cancelled each other out and decided not to break up because of it.

They were just as bad as each other.

He's actually thinking about her face, and if she had any freckles or beauty marks. Maybe she had dimples or a birthmark even. How long were her eyelashes without mascara? Did she even wear makeup?

"Hey guys." Annie's compelling voice got closer as her body warmth radiated onto the right side of Luke. He had the urge to place his hand on her lap, maybe her hand was there, and they could hold hands under the table. Why the fuck would they do that? They haven't even been on a date yet.

"Hey, how're you?" At least he's acting natural, (he actually looks quite red and flustered). Annie just assumed it was because he was wearing an oversized jumper that no doubt had a fluffy inside. It suited him, the dark blue baggy jumper with a small white Nike tick on the top left-hand side.

"Um- very tired, but other than that, really good." She yawned mid-sentence, justifying her words as she started to giggle. "You?"

"Good, yeah, I'm good." Luke scratched at his throat, unsure of what else to do as he had no idea where she was looking. What if she was staring at him, right next to his face?

"Oh Luke, by the way I can't tutor you this Wednesday." Ashton said in between bites of his pizza slice. Rosie just walked in, sitting herself next to Ashton and kissing his cheek sweetly. The small gesture made Ashton's cheeks heat up and his legs start to shake, he loved Rosie to the end of the world and everything she did was so endearing.

"What? Why? We have double English that day, you know I suck at English." Luke kept his sandwich a few centimetres from his face, not wanting to start eating if he needed to talk.

"Yeah but it's mine and Rosie's anniversary, we're going out to dinner." Now all of Ashton's face was feeling hot as Rosie kissed every inch of it, momentarily forgetting that for once someone could see them.