Epilogue

Song of the chapter – Come Together by Echosmith

My daydream dating days are long behind me, way in the past. I have to say, having my dreams come true and finally part of my reality was a mixed bag. It was shocking to meet Tyler, or TJ, in the flesh, the embodiment of everything I had imagined. Literally. And although we didn't last very long, and he moved away, I'm still happy that I had the experience.

TJ gave me confidence I had no idea I lacked. Even though I acted comfortable in my own skin, not afraid to talk to the various groups of students at school, I never felt like I was accepted. Having TJ accept me, remember me, and actually like me, that did something to my very soul. He was kind, cute as hell, and was proud to tell everyone he was with me. It wasn't his fault that things didn't work out between us. I had to give him credit for being so wise about our relationship, and I respected his choice to end things before we both fell too hard.

Don't get me wrong, it didn't make being around him any easier, but in the end, we understood each other. I wish I could say that I kept in touch with him and he's doing great, but I can't because we didn't. As far as I know, he's still somewhere in Germany, hopefully playing soccer and kicking booty at it.

But, if it wasn't for my experience with TJ, I don't think I would be where I am today, and who I've become. I do have true confidence now. I'm kicking booty of my own in college, living the dorm life and loving every second of time away from annoying little bro's. Seth is less of a douche than he was, but it's still in there. Just saying.

Gina is still cool, and dealing pretty well with her multiple sclerosis. Like she said that day, she has good days and bad ones. The thing is she tries to make the most of the days that she's doing well. The girls are all spread out now. Robin is in Colorado studying to be a scientist of all things. Bella is playing soccer back east for an ivy league school. Stacey is taking a gap year to "find herself" and Judy is at college with me. Christy got a job at a doctor's office doing clerical work and decided to skip college. Everyone took a path that worked for them, and that's how it should be.

And then there's Luke. I bet you're wondering about him and if we are still a couple. How often does that happen? You stay with your high school crush through college and live happily ever after? Not often. The statistics on that actual occurrence suck. It would basically be a miracle.

"Hey babe, you ready to go?"

And there would be my miracle. Yes, Luke and I are still together. He's also attending the same college that I am, living in the dorm across campus. He's studying sports medicine while I'm working towards a career in teaching. Luke has become my best friend, and the love of my life. He tells me all the time that he feels the same way.

"Ready. Let's do this."

Thanks for coming on this crazy ride with me. The journey to get to this place in life was bumpy, but worth it. There are some things I would do differently, some experiences I wish I could have again. But in the end, everything happened the way it was meant to happen. And that's all a girl could ask for.