Chapter 18 - Bathrooms

Song of the chapter - Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer

My stomach was in knots, but I guess that's a typical sensation for me. Life stressed me out more times than I could count, and a Monday back at school after a Friday break-up was no exception. In fact, I think it was probably the worst Monday I had ever had. And it hadn't even happened yet.

TJ didn't call back after our break up, not that I expected him to. I didn't want to tell the girls about it, because then it would be real. If I stayed in my weekend bubble, I could pretend the whole thing had never happened. None of it. Not the intense gaze at the beach, or the smile on his face when he saw me in class. Not the way I felt when he held me close as we danced, the strong muscles under his shirt and the warm skin of his arms. Not the tender kiss or the skip of my heart as he kissed me deeper.

Maybe it would have been better if I'd never met him. Ha, it would have only been better if I had never dreamed him up. I was right about the universe. It was showing me exactly what I wanted and then letting me know in no uncertain terms that I wasn't allowed to have it. Of all things that had to happen, his family had to move to Germany.

My mind spent the weekend swishing those thoughts around. On Sunday, Bella called, something that had been a rare occurrence. Ever since TJ had come around, however, it had been more of a regular thing.

"How're you doing?" she asked tentatively.

"He told you," I stated rather than asked. Her tone made it obvious.

"Yeah, he feels really bad about the whole thing." Bella attempted to defend him, but she really didn't need to.

"I get it. It makes the most sense at this point. I just don't know how I'm possibly going to sit next to him in English though. That's what freaks me out the most."

Bella was quiet for a minute, contemplating my situation I supposed. "I understand. But don't worry too much. He's a good guy, he's not going to do anything to make you feel worse."

Hearing her words on the weekend was reassuring. But once I found myself actually on campus, her reassurance was forgotten, only to be replaced by paralyzing anxiety. I needed to regroup, pull myself together for the big confrontation. A stop at my locker to rid myself of excess textbooks couldn't hurt either. The less weighed down I felt physically the better.

Except for Dylan, aka Mr. Sally.

I hadn't had an interaction with him in a few weeks. Apparently he hadn't gotten the "stay away from my locker" hint by my not actually going to my locker. My face must have displayed my annoyance because that was the first thing he commented on.

"What happened to your face, Sally? Just suck on a lemon or something?"

The turd actually had the nerve to laugh at his stupid joke. He was the biggest douche next to Seth I had ever met. Well, even Seth had made some improvements to his douche status. But not Dylan.

"I heard another rumor about you," he said in a sing-song voice. What was this, preschool? I ignored his taunt and stepped around him to my locker. Of course, he wouldn't take the cold shoulder and just be on his merry way.

"You are a bad girl, Sally. I never realized what a rebel you are. Who would have thought such a good girl would turn out to be so bad?"