Chapter 4 - Lockers

I forgot that this chapter happens before the beach. Mallory will head to the beach next Friday...

Song of the Chapter - wHo by ZAYN

"Brrrrrriiiiinnnngggg!"

The bell signaling the end of first period rang, loudly. I hated that bell. It gave me a headache. My seat in first period was right under that bell. And it ringing meant I had to go through the dreaded hallway, to my locker, where Mr. Sally seemed to like hanging out now. Wasn't my day difficult enough without having to deal with him, too?

My morning had already been hectic. I slept through my alarm, again, and had to rush through my typical get-ready-for-school routine. I had seriously told my parents repeatedly to WAKE ME UP if I was not downstairs by 7:00. But they always forgot. And for some reason, my alarm just didn't do the job.

No joke, I had tried everything: putting the volume up, changing it from radio to that obnoxious beeping sound, finding a foreign language station as my alarm, putting it on the other side of the room so I couldn't hit snooze a hundred times. I'm sure that the entire house could hear it every day, but did they come and check on me or yell at me to shut it off? No. See my dilemma. See why I wanted to choke them out every once in a while?

Don't call the cops! I told you, it's just a figure of speech!

The other part of my oh-so-wonderful morning was the wrath of my now grounded bro, Seth. Yeah, he was pissed at me. He gave me his version of my mom's death glare, which I must say was much better than hers. I was actually a little scared. And he wouldn't speak to me. I mean, he didn't usually have much to say to me, but that day his silence was deafening. You know, the kind of silence that was full of hatred and threats of impending doom. Yeah, that silence. Charming.

Just my luck that the day kept getting better. Not. I walked to the hallway to find it as jam packed as it had been the day before. Only this time, Mr. Sally was no where to be found. Yup, he was M.I.A. but guess who wasn't. That's right, his ex-gf, Mia. She was the one in front of my locker. Oh, joy of joys. I was one of the privileged few who would be graced by her presence. Hopefully I would make it out alive.

"Um, excuse me?" Great. Now I sounded like one of the sad randoms trying to get to their locker.

"Well, well, well. Just the witch I wanted to see." Only she didn't say 'witch', but it did rhyme. Crap, what did she want? I figured my chances of staying alive were pretty slim.

"Uh, yeah?" I didn't really want to know what she wanted, however I didn't think I had a choice.

"I know what's been going on." She glared at me.

"Huh?" I didn't. I actually had no idea what she was talking about.

"I know about you and Dylan."

Okay, she was nuts. "I literally have no idea what you're talking about."

"He hangs out next to your locker practically everyday. I know you guys are secretly seeing each other."

Well, that made me LOL. Literally. I laughed, loudly. And tears started to run down my cheeks. I mean, that was by far the stupidest thing I had ever heard. And living with Seth, I had heard some stupid things.

"Are you serious?" I said when I could finally breathe. "He doesn't even know my name!"

"Of course he does!" She spat back at me. "Its...its...um, its..."

Stupid girl. SHE didn't even know my name.

"Wait! I know, it's Sally, right?"

"Wrong." I never thought I would be so happy to be called Sally. That made getting her off my back so much easier. "It's MAL-LOR-Y," I said loud and slow.