Chapter 11 - Fences

Song of the chapter - Get Low by Liam Payne and Zedd

Friday rolled around again. I literally hate Fridays. The universe must think that Friday's were created specifically to torture me. Nothing good ever happened on a Friday. Well, not to me anyway. I'm sure everyone else has no problem with Friday's. I bet Friday's are just amazing for them.

Yeah, they can just shut up because Friday's suck.

TJ had been texting me for a couple of days at that point. That was pretty cool, and he was really sweet in his texts. It always said something like, "hope you're having a good day" or "good job on that essay today." So, he seemed pretty encouraging. I was glad he didn't send any raunchy jokes like most guys seemed to send. Or requests for inappropriate selfies. Yikes, that would just be awkward.

Class had gone well on Thursday. I worried that after finding out from Bella that TJ wanted my number and "obviously" liked me, that I would be too nervous to sit with him. And make eye contact. And speak. But he was comfortable enough for both of us so that wasn't a problem at all. I honestly don't know where he got his confidence but I wanted some of that for myself. What a huge relief that would be!

Luke seemed to have calmed down after his semi freak out the day before. At least I didn't feel the awkward tension anymore. That was beyond horrible and I would be more than happy to never go through that again.

The last bell of the day had just rung and I was headed to our group's lunch time meet up spot. Being a wretched Friday meant needing to make weekend plans and deciding whether or not we would attend any sporting events for the afternoon. There were always a few to choose from.

"Hey chicas!" Robin called as a few of us approached our spot. "I've got a plan all worked out for us!" She cheered. If you asked me, she was way too excited about said plan.

Judy was the first to respond "I love plans! So what's up?"

"Well, first we are all headed to the soccer game because it's a home game so that means parties after! And that's the after plan! A party!" See, she had been way too excited. That plan sounded horrendous. No thanks.

"I'm out. I don't party." I told her. I was proud of my firm tone of voice. She wouldn't mess with it.

But the glare in her eye told me otherwise. "That's what you think. You are going to the game, because it's TJ's first home game with the team. And then you are going to the party at Mitch's house because its in TJ's honor and he wants you to go."

"How do you know that?" I asked in shock. Robin better not have been playing matchmaker for us. I had a feeling she was, however, and could feel the venomous anger starting to burn its way through my veins.

Okay, that was a little overly dramatic.

"Because I talked to him a few minutes ago when he was headed to the locker room. So wipe that scowl off of your face, and let's go get a good spot in the stands. The game's going to start soon." Robin grabbed my arm as she spoke, steering me along with her and the girls towards the soccer field.

Friday strikes again.

***

The game was going really well. I mean, I think it was, but I don't know that much about soccer. Actually I know nothing about soccer except that you score by making a goal. That's the extent of my soccer knowledge. But, really, how much more could there possibly be to know?

We found seats in the stands with the perfect view of the game. Smack in the middle of the action, I was able to watch in awe as TJ took control of the ball and worked with his teammates to score. It was an exciting feeling to see his skills. He was good, incredibly good. I couldn't tell how he was skilled, being that I literally didn't even know what position he played. I didn't know any of the positions anyway so knowing his wouldn't have made a difference. It didn't matter, there was just something about him that stood out. He was the best player on the field, from either team. And if someone like me who was a complete soccer idiot, could tell how good he was, he must have been amazing.