First Comes Thunder

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you, Anna. Why didn't I meet you before?"

"I was out of town for a few days."

"Oh, where did you go?"

"You like asking a lot of questions don't you." Barry smiles but I keep a straight face and he's forced to do the same.

"Uh yeah, I guess I do. I work for CCPD as a CSI so I guess..."

"I didn't ask about you. Let's just get these test over with, shall we?" I remove the garment that we need Barry to where to test his speed and hand it over to him. "Here put this on."

"What is this for?"

"It's so we can test how fast you're moving without your bursting into flames from the friction normal clothes give off at the hypothetical speed you believe you move at." I continue to examine one of the speed instruments not even looking at Barry. The more I can focus on the science the fast this day will go.

"We'll give you time to change." Cisco says as everyone exits the van to give Barry his privacy.

"You don't really believe he can run that fast, do you?" Caitlin is skeptical that this can't be true. There's no way a man could run as fast as Barry described. I, on the other hand, will believe it when I see it.

"Well, I believe anything is possible. And in a few minutes, maybe you will too." Dr. Wells continues to set up the monitors while I make last minute adjustments to the computer that monitors his vitals. I hear Cisco talking to Barry and I turn around. It takes everything in me not to laugh at the sight in front of me. I thought the suit we designed for his testing was a little tight when we finished making it but now seeing it on him I can defiantly see that it's super snug.

Cisco directs Barry to our table of gadgets and monitors. "See, you thought the world was slowing down. It wasn't. You were moving so fast..."

"It only looked like everyone else was standing still." I add to Cisco's description of what is happening to Barry.

"Dr. Wells will be monitoring your energy output, and Caitlin your vitals."

"What do you two do?" Barry asks us.

"We make the toys, my man." Cisco is so excited to show off our equipment. "Check it." I hold up the headset we designed hastily before we got here. "This is a two-way headset with a camera I modified."

"It was typically designed to combat battlefield impulse noise."

"Or in your case, potential sonic booms. Which would be awesome by the way." Cisco takes Barry's helmet to attach the camera. Caitlin comes over to turn on his vital monitors and she hands me the tablet to make sure everything is how it's supposed to be.

"What?" Caitlin snaps as she refuses to look at Barry.

"Nothing. I just noticed that neither of you don't smile too much." Caitlin looks at Barry and I take a small step back because I feel like she's about to go off on him.

"My once-promising career in bioengineering is over, my boss is in a wheelchair for life. The explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiancé. So, this blank expression kid of feels like the way to go." She walks away from him not saying another word.

"And I just have resting bitch face. But no worries I'm smiling on the inside." Barry slightly smiles but I can tell he's worried about us.

"Mr. Allen, while I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint." Dr. Wells informs him.

"Yeah." Barry ready's his position like he's running track and field race. And before we know he takes off knocking us all back at his miraculous speed.