'This... this... I the power over the life and death of any creatures in my area?'

I seemed to have inherited this position after I killed the previous ruler, the King of the Pit.

I had just realised the incredible powers attached with ownership in this world.

'Huh?... wait what's going on there!'

I was surprised to see that a horde of termites were assaulting the small fortress I had created for Ian. It seems like she was already un direct attack and her health was dropping rapidly.

'No...no way.'

I couldn't forgive them after all the effort I had gone through to protect her.

I used [Erase] on the termites in her immediate vicinity, but her health was still declining.

Pak Pak

"Inferno!"

I was trying to rush out of the dead King's corpse as quickly as possible. After digging for some time I came out from her butt.

Shick Shick

The path was now almost cleared because the minions had been put to work previously by their King. Running towards the teepee, I was ignored by all termites because we now had a friendly relation.

'No! You need to hold on!'

Ian was down to only 20 health and it seemed to still be dropping due to a bleeding state, I didn't think I could arrive in time.

'What could I even accomplish if I get there, if I get near her won't it just be worse?'

It was a difficult situation, and I didn't exactly have any healing spells.

I was able to quickly arrive just outside the teepee and look inside. The surrounding moat which I had dug was filled the corpses of dead giant termites. She was still breathing, laying in a pool of blood among insect corpses.

'This is...'

Faced with so many termites, she had been surrounded before she could run away. Although she had tried to use her magic and succeeded in killing a few with fire, it wasn't enough.

'What should I do?'

I thought about an ability I had just gained, it was a longshot but possibly her last hope. What if she became my familiar, perhaps in that case she could be healed. This world seemed to follow the settings of an RPG and in many games familiars shared some of their master's abilities.

Still, she was a person, so maybe her free will would be too important to her. If it would follow an RPG setting, then it's possible for her personality to change into one of servitude.

'Well, you're certain to die this way, so it can't be helped. I'll let you choose your own fate.'

[Ian has accepted to be your familiar]

[Human Ian has been registered as your permanent familiar]

[You have learned Possession Lv1]

'Huh? Permanent? Possession?'

"Thank you, I didn't expect to see you again."

Ian barely opened her eyes and whispered before losing consciousness.

I didn't want to risk absorbing her lifeforce so I was keeping my distance. Her bleeding state disappeared and her health was slowly rising.

[Your Familiar Ian has transformed into a Witch]

lv 1 skeletonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें