Survivors

"KENNA I'M HOME!" Kenzie yelled as she rushed up the stairs and slammed the door open.

"Hi!" Kenna stood up. "How did your audition go?"

Her innocence and sincerity was a slap in the face that Kenzie was only pretending to like her. I lead Kenna to believe that Kenzie changed. She finally got close to her twin and it's not even real. And it's all my fault. As usual.

"It went perfect! They loved me! But that's not what I came to tell you." Kenzie smirked. She shoved Kenna to the ground. Kenna looked up at Kenzie wide-eyed before turning to me.

"Kenzie be nice and apologize right now for that!" I gave her my meanest look. Which wasn't very successful.

"Yeah! Hey! I thought we were friends now!" Kenna cried.

"Yeah right! I was only pretending to be your friend!" Kenzie giggled.

"What do you mean?" Kenna's voice cracked.

"Wow you're dumb too! Why don't you ask Cece?"

"Why would Cece know?" Kenna looked over at me. "What are you hiding?"

"I just did it to help you! I didn't want you to be sad anymore!" I didn't know what to say.

"Cece told me that if I wasn't nice to you she'd tell Demi. But now that my audition is over, you can tell whoever you want!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Cece... you promised me you wouldn't say anything." Kenna looked away from me.

"No I'm sorry!"

"Looks like Cece isn't your bestie anymore! Pathetic losers!" She mocked.

"Get out Mackenzie. And I will be telling Demi." I stood up.

It took everything for me to not blow up right there. Kenna was lying in a ball on the ground and I was getting angrier by the minute.

"Fine. We'll chat later. Over tea. Ta ta!" She swung her purse over her shoulder and strutted out.

"You promised you weren't gonna tell!" Kenna cried.

I tried to hug her but she jumped away, and began sobbing more.

"I'm sorry Kenna! But Demi has to know. This is serious." I sighed. I wanted to comfort her so badly.

"You're ruining everything! Why can't you just leave me alone! I hate you!" She gasped to catch her breath.

Kenna stormed into the bathroom, since Kenzie was in their room.

"Girls? I heard a door slam. Everything okay?" Demi called.

"Everything's great mommy!" Kenzie yelled in reply

"Cece, come down here please. I have good news!"

I slunk down the stairs. Everything felt awful. My only friend hated me. I hurt her. I wanted to cut but I kept walking down the stairs and tried to block everything out of my mind.

"Cece! They found him! His name is Anthony Rosen! He's in prison on a lifetime sentence!"

"Wait... they found... him?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The man who raped me...it still felt weird using that word...but, he was in jail now.

"Baby girl yes!" She played with my hair.

"How?" I didn't believe it. It must be a trap.

"He was arrested a month ago!"

"For what?"

Demi put her hand on my back. "He was found guilty in the murders of 3 young girls."

*FLASHBACK*

"I could kill you! You know that? I could kill you!"

His menacing eyes stared at me, sending a shiver down my spine. He let go of my shirt making me flop back onto the bed.

He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a blade. He blew on it and then stretched it across my neck.

"Told you you don't have a choice."

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I felt Demi's hand on my shoulder as she shook me. I realized I had fallen to the floor.

"That could have been me." I bluntly stated.

I couldn't feel right then. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or scream or hide or die.

"Baby I know. I'm so happy it wasn't but we will keep those 3 girls in our hearts always."

I nodded.

"I contacted their families and they would like to meet with you. There is also another survivor like you. Would you be interested?"

I nodded again.

"I know it's a lot to take in." She hugged me. "But you can feel safe now. He's locked away forever okay?"

"Okay."

I felt so thankful that I lived, yet at the same time I felt sick that I lived. Those other girls deserved to have lived not me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud crash upstairs, followed by screams and yells of the twins.

-------------------