Packing

When we finally arrived home Demi fixed dinner while I packed. When I finished I went into McKenna and Mackenzie's room to help them. I'm sure they needed the help because when I was allowed to pack by myself when I was 5 and going away to summer camp I ended up with no clothes. Just a blanket and my 2 stuffed animals.

"Hey guys. Need some help?"

McKenna was sitting beside her suitcase, which contained a notebook, some markers, a stuffed animal, and her toothbrush.

Mackenzie's suitcase was laying open, on the floor, full of clothes in a jumbled up ball.

"Hey where's Kenzie?"

McKenna pointed to the closet. I peeked in and saw Kenzie sitting on the floor in a huge pile of clothes. I lifted a tutu from her head.

"You know we're only going to be gone for 2 days right?"

"I need lots of clothes!"

"How about you pick 5 outfits to bring? Your suitcase won't fit everything else!"

"Can I bring 6 outfits? And my sunglasses? And a purse? Pleaseeee!"

"If you can fit everything!"

"A little help Cece?" She tried to break free of the clothes avalanche but was stuck. I pulled her out and she ran back to her suitcase with a stack of clothes.

"So Kenna, what are you bringing to wear?" I sat next to her, noticing she looked a little upset.

"I don't know."

"What do you like?"

"I don't like any of my clothes. They're babyish." She frowned as she looked down at her cat shirt.

"Didn't you pick them out? I love your clothes!"

"I picked them out but that was before-"

"Before what?"

"Nothing." She glanced at her sister.

"Come with me." I dragged her into my room and closed the door. "Did someone tell you your clothes were babyish?"

"Mackenzie did. And the boys at school."

I felt my heart stop.

"Wait... I forgot you said you were bullied everyday at your old school too. Not just your new school. And Demi doesn't know about that."

I told her I would fix it. And I didn't. I let it go. How did I let that happen?

"McKenna...I'm sorry."

"It's fine! I just need new clothes!"

"There's nothing wrong with your clothes. If you like them that's all that matters."

"Okay."

"Look in the mirror. What do you see?"

"I don't know."

"C'mon tell me.

"I see... Mackenzie."

"Mackenzie?"

"She's my twin."

"That doesn't mean she is you!"

"I'm... I'm like a worser version of her."

"Why would you think that?"

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You're beautiful. You're the sweetest person I know. You understand things that Mackenzie doesn't even grasp. You're caring. I love you so much. What do you see in Mackenzie that you don't have?"

"People like Mackenzie. People don't like me."

"I love you."

"I love you too Cece."

"So now what do you see?"

"I see a pretty girl who has a best friend who's awesome!"

"Aw I love you." We hugged.

Hopefully McKenna feels better now. I'm going to have to tell Demi. She reminds me too much of myself at her age. And the fact that her twin sister bullies her... Mackenzie isn't a bad person. But that needs to be stopped.

"So do you want to go finish packing? I told Kenzie she could pack 6 outfits and some accessories."

"Yeah I'll go. Thanks Cece I love you. And we need to talk about you later!"

She winked and left the room.

I love her.