School

After an hour of listening to Kenzie shriek to the music, and exchanging funny faces with Kenna, we arrived at "my school". My school that I've been to a handful of times. My school that is now convinced I'm in a coma. I'm pretty sure forging a doctor's note and then pretending to be my parents whenever they call is illegal.

"I'll pick you up at noon okay? Just go in and go straight to the social worker. You can explain the situation, and how you are going to be homeschooled. Give her my number." Demi squeezed my hand.

"Okay." I tried to pull my hand from Demi.

"And Cece?"

"I know. I won't.", I replied, knowing she was only going to remind me again not to purge, or cut, or do anything self destructive.

I slammed the door, catching a glimpse of Kenna's face as I left. Softening I waved goodbye to her.

Demi drove off, leaving me alone in front of the huge school. I didn't even know my way around the place.

Out of habit my feet carried me away from the school to my old hideout.

It felt so right. So comfortable.

Yet for the first time it felt wrong. I almost felt like maybe I didn't want to go back. Maybe... Maybe I don't want drugs? But I do.

I don't know what exactly I want anymore.

Because if I don't get more weed today then I won't ever get it again. Same with the drinks.

I reached the dark alley way and purged into a trash can without thinking.

I felt like a robot.

Looking around at everything I had set up made me sick.

I had pillows and blankets. I had made a fort. Empty bottles and lighters were strewn about. A stray cigarette lay on one of my pillows.

I felt the all to familiar feeling of my head beginning to spin. The awful feeling of not being present began to take over my body.

I frantically scratched at my arms before sliding down the wall and sitting, trying to catch a breath.

My thoughts raced.

What do I do?

All I knew was I couldn't do this alone anymore.

I pulled my phone out and dialed for Demi.

"D-D-D-Demi" I sobbed into the phone. "Please come get me."

"Cece?" She sounded shocked.

"Yes it's me please Demi just hurry."

"I'm coming right now baby girl hang tight."

I composed myself enough to walk back to the front of the school. Right in time for Demi's car to pull up.

"What happened baby? Sit in the front next to me."

I got in the car and glanced back at the twins who were sound asleep.

"Um. I have something to tell you."

"Okay you can tell me anything!"

"Please. Don't be mad."

"Just tell me. It's going to be okay."

"I don't know where to start Demi. It's a big mess. A huge mess."

"We can fix it together."

"I don't think we can."

"I promise you. I'm going to help you and we are going to fix this."

"School... Umm.. Hasn't exactly gone the way it was supposed to."

"What do you mean? Did you ditch?"

I nodded.

"Why'd you do that? Are you bullied?"

"Not exactly. I just feel so uncomfortable at school. Like so nervous and scared and just crawling out of my skin."

Stop Stop Stop. My demons raged. How could you be so open? Shove all your words back down. Stop this vulnerability. It's not cute and nobody likes it.

"Why didn't you just tell me baby? It's anxiety."

"Well you see I didn't just ditch today..."

"So how many times?"

Don't sugar coat it Cece. You deserve to suffer and have Demi hate you. You let yourself get attached to her.

"Demi I haven't been to school since September."

"What? How? Cece! How do mom and dad not know about this?"

"Because I gave the school a doctors note."

"Saying?"

"I'm in a coma."

"You're kidding."

I stared back at her in disgust.

"Okay you aren't kidding. But how did you get a doctors note saying that?"

"I-I-I traded something for it."

"Money?"

"Sure." I lied easily.

I closed my eyes tight beginning to get a flashback.

"Can we please... just not do this now?"

I winced, the memories flooding me.

"Fine. So mom and dad don't know?"

And then I was gone. Sucked into the flashback like it was my new reality.