On My Thoughts

Kara's P.O.V

I watched him, in his pod, jetted off into space. I had not gotten to tell him, that I was pregnant, with his child. I sank to the ground, crying, as Alex patted my shoulder. "Alex, what should I do? I'm pregnant with his child, and now he's gone." I cried into her shoulder. Alex, who I had first showed the test to pulled me into a hug and stood me up. "Let's get you home Kara." She whispered and I flew her to my apartment, the same thought running through my mind, I'm Pregnant, I'm Pregnant, I'm Pregnant. Alex sat me on the couch and poured both of us large glasses of water. "Here Kara, you are dehydrated, please drink this for your baby," she said as she handed it too me. I sipped at the water as the taste of bile filled my mouth. Dropping the glass I ran to the bathroom, emptying my stomach of the pizza I had eaten. The pizza I had eaten with Mon El.  Alex brushed the hair out of my fingers, and handed me a tissue to wipe my watering eyes. I went back to the couch and picked up the remains of the glass shards. Alex tucked me into bed, even though it was only eight, and settled on the sofa. I looked at her in the dark, the curve of her tall lean figure, hugging the edge of the couch, a fuzzy blanket draped over her. "Alex...." I moaned. "You can come sleep on the bed if you want. You are too tall for the couch." She nodded and came on the bed, sleeping on the edge, as if to give me more room. I closed my eyes and let the blackness overcome my tired eyes. It was still dark when I opened my eyes. 4:55 AM, it was way too early to be up, but I got out of bed anyways. I slipped my blue robe over my grey pajamas and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I stared at myself in the mirror, where I examined my face, the small oval shaped mark on my forehead, my blue eyes, and some pimples I hadn't seen before. I sighed, I wouldn't ever get pimples, my DNA prevented me from getting any. Only pregnancy could do this to me. I stripped my clothes and got into the shower, letting the warm water fall over my body. I washed my hair and body, before wrapping myself into a towel, and blow drying my hair. I ran a brush through it , detangling my blond waves. I unwrapped my towel, and stared at my stomach. I was not really showing, just maybe a little pooch on my midsection. I put my hand over my stomach and closed my eyes for a minute, before putting my robe back on. I looked at the clock. It was 5:30 and Alex was now awake. Not looking at her, I went to my closet to pick out an outfit. I decided on a white button down and black pants. Alex was sitting up in bed as I made my way to the couch, where I sat down and switched on the TV. I heard her in the bathroom, and the hiss of the shower. She came out, dressed in her usual black pants, with a black polo and leather jacket on top. Her eyes seemed a little sad as she made coffee. When she came into the living room, she had only one cup of coffee. I reached for it, but she pulled it away from me.  "Nope, you can't have this." she scolded. She then produced a mug of hot cocoa from behind her back. "Here drink this instead." I smiled weakly and reached for it. Alex chattered on "So Kara, you should come for an  ultrasound at the DEO, so you can get more information on your child. We can go now, and then I'll take you to work." I took a big gulp of cocoa and burned my tongue. Oops. My mistake. I finished the rest in tiny scalding sips as we watched the news. Nothing had really happened. I threw on my coat and we made our way to the DEO.

Alex's P.O.V 

Kara was quiet,  so unusually quiet that everyone noticed. I jumped when Jonn, touched my shoulder; I was busy observing Kara, who sat in a rolling chair, fiddling with her glasses. "Alex, can I talk to you and Supergirl in the basement?" He said. I nodded and tugged on Kara's arm, gesturing for her to come with me. Jonn closed the heavy steel doors after us. His eyes were quite warm "congratulations Supergirl." Kara buried her face into her hands. I wrapped my arm around her protectively and asked "how did you know?" He smiled knowingly "Martians can sense it. I heard more heart beats per second than normal from one person." Suddenly, I felt her go limp, I saw Kara's eyes close. "Jonn!" I screamed. "She's passed out."