Chapter 30: War Cry

Start from the beginning

"La'Toya your eyes look puffy and your nose is pink. Why were you crying?"

"Parents."

"I told you they still love you..."

"Jaida. Just stop you don't know what you're talking about or what's going on."

Jaida closes her mouth and looks away. I know it was wrong of me to shut her down like that, but I just couldn't handle that right now.

"Who let you in here?!"

I turn and see Ryan in the doorway. I put Jaida behind me. I'll protect this one with my life. Jaida pushes me off and go stand by Ryan's side.

"Jaida what are you playing at?"

She doesn't say anything. She looks up at Ryan.

"Take her to the basement."

I look to Jaida as she does nothing to stop him from letting his goons drag me to the basement. I thought she had me I guess Ryan has gotten into her head.

RJ
"Okay we here. Get in your pairs. Remember don't shoot unless they shoot first. Is everybody's Bluetooth working?"

Everyone checks it so we move into the place. Inside everything is quiet. A little too quiet. I hear someone's stomach growling. I look towards Jojo. She mouths "Sorry." She just ate and she already hungry again. We all spilt up with our partners. I hear a gun shot from my left. TJ and I run to where we heard the gun shot. There stood Jojo and she was low key holding back a laugh.

"Sorry y'all I forgot to put the safety on."

"Oh all is well little cousin."

Ryan is at the entrance to the next room.

"Without the gun going off I would've never checked this room. Which would've cause my plan to be flawed as usual. Which I might add is very frustrating."

I see that Jaida is standing behind him with a stony expression on her face. His guards start bringing the other 16 cousins into the room that we are in.

"All we came for is Jaida and La'Toya then we'll be on our merry way."

"Ah ah ah. No can do RJ. See I know for a fact that Jaida doesn't want to go. Isn't that right Jaida boo?"

I watch as Jaida smiles and nods.

"Nah you brainwashed her. She wouldn't switch up her loyalty on her best friend like that. After she risked her life for her. If she did then she's just as deranged as you to switch up on someone who has been riding for her."

Jaida doesn't look at me or Orlando. Her eyes are focused on the expensive Persian rug on the tile floor.

"Enough I know you have Rylee! So you have just waged war."

I look to the left and right. I nod and we all form a circle with our backs facing each other.

"We won't shoot unless fired upon."

"It'll get quite messy in here, but so be it."

Ryan clapped the palm of his hand and someone handed Ryan a weapon. He whispers something in Jaida's ear and she leaves the room. Ryan takes the first shot. All of us break the circle and shoot at the enemies. As we killed one of his goons ten more appeared in their place. At some point I saw Orlando run after Ryan. That left us with 19 of us fighting theses guys off.

"Go find La'Toya Jojo."

"On it. Wait a minute what she look like?"

"She a light skin."

"Thanks for such a description."

"Get off the Bluetooth with the sarcasm."

Jojo leaves out of the room while we hold them off.

Jojo
I don't even know where to start looking. I don't even have a good description of the girl. All I know is her name. Well maybe I need to think like a evil person. I've watched enough movies to have a mindset like them. If I was an evil cousin where would I hide an insurance policy? I give up and wonder around. I open doors and call out her name. I get nothing. I look up at the ceiling and see they have a pull latch staircase leading up to the attic. I pull it down and climb up there.

"La'Toya?"

I don't find anyone in there, but I do find some disturbing things. I see that Ryan has quite a collection on us and especially on the Legacy. I see a picture of me at the park ooo that's a good off guard pic. I need to hire his photographer for my prom pictures cause he already know my good angles. I start taking pictures of his plans, information, and whatever else I found up there. I go back down the stairs and let up the latch. I still gotta find La'Toya. If there is an attic there has to be a high chance of a basement. Bingo I found it. I try to turn the doorknob, but it's locked. I don't have the time or patience to knock it down/ pick the lock. So I just shoot off the doorknob.

"La'Toya?"

I turn on the basement light on and continue to descend down the stairs. When I reach the end I see an empty chair with cut rope on the floor. Before I could turn around somebody already restrained me and restricted my movement.

"Let. Me. Go."

"No Ryan already took my best friend from me and I'm not finna let him take my life."

"Chill we on the same side."

"I'm not trusting nobody."

"La'Toya I came looking for you."

"Who are you? Who do you work for?"

"Jojo and I'm apart of Legacy."

"Sure and how am I suppose to believe that?"

"Take my Bluetooth and ask yourself."

She finesses my Bluetooth and says,"Hello? RJ? Why'd you follow me?"

"Hate to interrupt, but can you let me go now?!"

La'Toya releases me and I catch a glimpse of the gun she's carrying. I pull her shirt over it and she pulls away from me.

"I'm just trying to make you're concealed weapon more concealed sis."

I gotta admit La'Toya is a fighter and she's queen material. I see why Orlando fell for her.

"Where's Orlando RJ? What do you mean you don't know and he turned off his tracker?"

I could see La'Toya getting madder and madder by the second. I don't wanna get on her bad side.

"La'Toya lets go find him."

I hope we get to Orlando in time before something bad happens to him.

Aisha
"Meisha have you seen Jayla in the last few hours?"

"Nah I haven't have you?"

"No and this isn't like her to go off the grid like that."

"We need to check on her at her house."

"Yeah. Meisha!"

"What?"

"Did you just get the notification that all our kids are in the same location at once?"

"No. Uh it just came in. What are they up to?"