"I only came for my copies from yesterday." He said casually.

Charlie nodded, turned around and taking a small stack of papers and handing them to Mr. Joseph.

"Thank you, Charles." He said kindly, "Have a good day Diana!" And he shut the door.

He snickered at me and I elbowed him. "Hey, shut up, I was about to tell him it was a terrible kiss."

Charlie smirked at me. "But was it really?" He whispered lowly at me, lips suddenly so close mine.

Don't give in.

I pushed at him, but ended up pushing myself back. Either way it worked. "It sure was."

"Let's test that out one more time." He said, reaching for me, but I backed up further, making him pout unknowingly again. "I don't like this game." He grumbled and I laughed at him.

"I need to finish my page."

He picked up my paper and checked front and back. "What are you talking about, you're already done?"

I thought for an escape. "Well you need to check over it, Mr. Grant."

He set down my paper in frustration and looked at me pleadingly, "Just stop and get over here." He groaned, reaching for me and yanking me forward onto his lap, putting a surprisingly sweet kiss on my lips.

"I still don't understand the Fundamental Theorem." I said against his lips and he looked extremely annoyed, but smiled at me anyway.

"Keep annoying me, and I'll be sure to keep the neighbors up with your pleasured screams tonight." He growled teasingly, nipping at my neck and I flushed, having it spread even more.

That doesn't sound so bad.

The teachers bell rang and I released myself from him, seeing him raise an eyebrow. He let out a sigh as he stood up. "I have this meeting to go to at the main building. I won't be home til like- eight?" He thought deeply.

He had called it home. When he said it, I felt butterflies swarm in my tummy and I was so embarrassed how he spoke to me about it so casually. I liked it, too.

"Alright." I said, spinning in his chair and having him grab me like he once did before. Before all this.

I figured I should go home for a little. Go back to my own place and just... I wasn't sure what I would do there. I'd think. I didn't have a shelf to work on anymore, so it seemed like a good option.

"You'll be there, right?"

Aw, he wanted to go home to me. I smiled at him, "Well I'll be there when you get back, but I'm gonna go back to my house." I said.

He gave me a nod and I stood up, both of us walking to the door and him stopping to look at me. I looked back at him, and matched his intense stare- only I knew what was unbalanced. I loved him, and he didn't think twice about the concept. He was so sure of himself, so driven on his belief of love being a hoax. Was he right?

No, I felt it. Maybe that was why he didn't believe. He had never felt it. Charlie could never love me.

"See you later." He said, leaning down and kissing me longingly, making it so passionate I had to hold onto his collar and prevent myself from telling him I loved him.

We pulled away breathlessly. Who knew a short see-you-later kiss could be so strong and romantic? "You too." I said back after he held the door open for me.

...

It was a little past five when I got to my house and I was suddenly so determined. I was going to paint, and I didn't care how bad it was going to come out. That's the problem with me, my painting was better when I wasn't in love.