The Rise of Kronos

ID: Whitfield, Noah

Status: Moderate Injuries, Exhausted

Location: Portage Park, Chicago, IL

Date and Time: September 11th, 4:42 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at Nathan's body in horror before turning back to Kronos. He slowly walked towards us with a threatening figure. 

What was I supposed to do? I couldn't bring my body to move. I needed to protect the people around me, including the remains of Austin's gang. They hadn't made a move against us since Austin was put out of commission. 

"Noah, we need orders!" Jacob exclaimed with fear rising in his voice.

They need orders. Be the leader you're supposed to be. You've been trusted with the position to give orders, so give them! Why was I hesitating so much? 

Kronos extended his arm to the ground and snapped it toward the sky. Spikes formed in a wave that was heading right for us. 

I cursed, and a bit of energy came back. "Fall in!" 

The group huddled close to me as I created another force field. However, when the spikes made impact, their force broke it and sent us tumbling backward. 

"You'll regret killing my prize," Kronos said as he continued to get closer. 

I exhaled and painfully climbed to my feet. Jacob turned to me, more frantic than before. 

"Damn it! He's going to kill us if we don't do something!" 

I gritted my teeth, knowing that I was the only one who remotely had a chance of taking on Kronos. He was far too powerful for guns to do damage, and Maricana's power was the only capable option to use. I sighed, not coming to any other conclusion. 

"Let me take him alone." 

"Are you crazy!?" Monika exclaimed, terror in her eyes. Meanwhile, a huge spear with lightning crackling around it formed in Kronos's hands. My force field would prove useless if I used it again. 

I flexed my arm, trying to ignore the pain. The flame was reignited. "I know it's asking a lot, but I need your support more than anything. I'm the only one who has the power to defeat him, so you guys need to spread out and support me from range. Understood?" 

The group nodded, but Natsuki pursed her lips. "What if you get hurt?" 

I looked at her, and there was uncertainty in her eyes. I sighed and nodded. "I'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen. This is life or death." 

Kronos began to lift the spear. Roman bolted to his feet from where he was crouching. "Let's go!" 

I held my gaze on Natsuki a bit longer, her hair flowing with the wind. Before she ran to join the group, I grabbed her face and brought her into a kiss. I released her, and I could tell she felt a bit more reassured. 

She punched my chest and offered me a smile. "That better not have been a kiss goodbye." 

I smiled back. "Think of it as an 'I'll see you later.'"

Natsuki caught up with the rest of the group, and when I turned back to Kronos, he lowered the spear and stopped about thirty feet away from me. It was still difficult to see his face, but underneath his grey cloak, his eyes were glimmering with an angry orange flame. I guessed that the power he displayed earlier was nothing compared to the ability he had in store for me.