Falling into the Dream Kingdom

A bit of harsh language later in the chapter. Reader discretion is advised. Otherwise, enjoy the chapter :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

The flames were unbearable. My skin burned from the explosion, but the fire was still trapped near the doors. I held my arms in pain, searching for a way to escape. I got up off of the ground and ran to a door on the back wall, but it was barricaded shut by wooden boards, and nails were driven into the wall. I tugged on them, but my arms were too weak to even make it budge. I turned back to the flames, and it was slowly creeping towards me. I took my shirt off and tied it around my face to avoid inhaling the smoke. 

Who could've possibly done this? It couldn't have been Crystalline, since she was banished from the universe. The Third Eye was defeated, more or less, back in the game. Was it the LFS? Carl and David were dead, so it would only make sense if they appointed a new leader. Would it be a revenge tactic? 

There was no telling at that point, but I remembered the note being signed "A.K." I couldn't think of any names that went with the initials. 

I couldn't explain why I was so terrified at that moment. I wasn't nearly as scared during the fight against Crystalline, much less the Third Eye. Was it because I figured I'd die a quick death then, most likely? Maybe. I couldn't be sure. Right now, though, that wouldn't be the case. I had to find a way out. 

I let out a huge and wet cough. My shirt was too thin to block out most of the smoke. I felt like I needed to puke, but I forced myself to focus. The swinging doors were on option, but there was a huge wall of fire blocking it. I'd surely get burned even if I ran through it. I didn't know what else to do.

Noah!

Who was that? It sounded like Jacob. Did he hear the explosion? I was glad I told him and the to stay behind now. I would be miserable if they got caught in this mess. 

My legs suddenly became weak, and without warning, I dropped to the floor onto my fours and fell into another coughing fit. The fire was becoming stronger by the second, and it was almost on top of me at this point. I threw up all over the floor, and to my surprise, it was black like tar. 

Damn it! Where are you!?

I was seriously going to die, but I wasn't ready yet. I tried to move my legs, but they felt as if they were trapped in cement. Fear again rushed through me, and my vision became blurry. 

No. I didn't want to pass out yet. My mind began swarming with thoughts. I had too much to live for. I had to take care of Natsuki and the girls and make sure Jacob doesn't do anything stupid. I had to figure out who tricked me into coming here. I still had to see my brother after God knows how many years have passed. 

I couldn't go yet. I can't fail again. I already let them down once. I can't leave them as I did before.

A warm touch wrapped around me, and I looked over my shoulder. I could barely make out the figure of Maricana. Was she protecting me? I felt a little relief pass over me, but I almost lost consciousness right as I felt someone sweep me off the ground. 

I managed to get one last look at the person. It was blurry, and he was wearing a leather jacket around his body. The person then took it off and wrapped it around my body. Everything went black at that point. 

----------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a very unfamiliar room. I'm starting to think that this was some sort of curse. Looking around, I was in a white, circular room that strangely looked like a luxury prison cell. The bed I was in was narrow with olive green covers and the same color pillows. The room was dimly lit with lights and there didn't seem any way in or out of the room. No doors, windows, or even vents for air circulation. It was strange and it made me have a weird feeling course through my body.