The First Battle of Chicago

ID: Whitfield, Noah

Status: Alive, Overwhelmed

Location: AIOC, Chicago, IL

Date and Time: September 9th, 2:34 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Normal" wasn't the best way to describe the speed that Austin lept at me. I tried to force my body to move, to aim the gun and pull the trigger or something, but to no avail. 

He landed directly in front of me and with superhuman strength, landed a punch into my gut. Time sped back up right after the collision, and I was sent flying into the walls on the opposite side of the room. 

"Noah!" Jacob and Nathan's voices rang amid the battle.

I couldn't breathe. I tried to move my arms, but nothing was working. I saw Austin's figurine move towards me, and I knew I had to do something to help myself, to help the team. There was no way that I would sit here and do nothing, despite what just happened. 

"Shit!" Jacob's voice called in between gunshots. "What do we do!?" 

Was Austin not the only one stronger than before? Were all of them more powerful? What were we supposed to do? 

Austin stepped over a metal crate, about thirty feet away. 

My breath finally came back, and I doubled over into a coughing fit. Blood spurted out onto the ground beside me, and I stared at it for a second in fear and surprise. What was I going to do? I looked in the direction of Jacob and Nathan, and the two of them were having a difficult time containing the rest of the gang. They needed help, and I was sitting here in my own pity. 

I attempted to reach for the radio, but Austin saw this and leaped in front of me. The ground shook under his feet when he landed. He leaned down to my level. Austin's eyebrows furrowed and tilted his head. 

"What's this?" he said with curiosity in his tone. He ran his index finger under my mouth. Austin inspected it for a moment before bursting into laughter. "I can't believe it! After one hit, I can cause this much damage! This is ridiculous!" 

Stand up. I need to stand up. I can't let him bully me like this. Stand up and fight him like the man you were raised to be. Jacob and Nathan need you. The girls need you. 

Austin turned back to me and saw the look on my face. He spun around and kicked me in the side of the head with his heel, and I was sent rolling before crashing into a few metal boxes. I screamed in pain, and my elbow was stinging. 

"You stand no chance against me, Noah!" Austin exclaimed. "I'm more powerful than anyone in the world!" 

Maricana, I need you. I don't care if I make it out of this fight alive, but I need to make sure that they do. 

Austin jumped high into the air, almost to the ceiling, and started to come down on top of me with the bottom of his foot aimed at my face. 

Say no more, Noah. 

I felt more energized, like the sensation when you take a sip of cold water first thing in the morning. When you finally accomplish something hard after weeks of trying over and over again. 

"Die, Whitfield! Die under the feet of Kronos!" 

I exhaled, and a rose-colored mist came from my mouth. My eyes began to glow as I sprung to my feet and jumped to meet Austin in midair. I landed a punch to his jaw, but it wasn't enough to jar him. He quickly recollected himself and tried to kick me in the ribs, but I countered his attack by blocking it while sending my palm into his chest with a wave of energy. Austin flew backward and landed on his feet with momentum carrying him.