Marriage, In name only Part eleven

Depuis le début

" It's my time of the month."

" OK." He said not understanding me. " What do you need to do then?"

" O Mark this is so hard for me."

" What is it Carla Baby. You have me worried here. Whats going on?"

" OK. Close your eyes." He did as I asked.

" I never had to tell a guy this before so I am kind of nervous about it."

" You don't have to be honey. I'm your husband you don't have to feel shy around me."

" But I am new to being married and this is hard for me. When I said Aunt flow came for a visit I mean that I started my monthly." He sat with a frown on his face. " My period."

" Oh." He said as he opened his eyes to look at me. " You must think I'm an idiot?"

" No." I said to the table. "We are both new to this all and neither of us are used to sharing our personal life's like this."

" True. But it took me awhile to catch on too." He said with a laugh.

I looked up at him and I could see he thought he was funny because he couldn't figure out what I was trying to say to him. I laughed to not feeling so bad any more about being embarrassed. He stood up and walked over and pulled me into his arms.

" Hey that's fine with me as long as I can still hold you next to me. It is just a part of life. Besides we do need to get out of the house to see the world out there."

" True." I laughed against his solid chest. I wrapped my arms around him holding him tightly.

" Lets go into town for dinner and a movie. Or to a little bar that has pool tables or darts. Anything you want to do lets do it. We could even go bowling."

" It sounds like fun."

We went to a sports bar to play pool. Mark and I are not good at playing it either. But we had fun lots of fun. We picked on each other badly. One another night we went bowling. Faith and Steve went with us. We played as a couple team Mark and I against Steve and Faith. Mark and I won we were pretty good at bowling. We played darts and went to the movies.

But with every day that went by. I felt my self really start to like him. I mean I do like him or I would not have married him. He was always kind and gentle with me. But it was other things also. The way he would look at me. Or how he would ask me how I felt about something. It was like he would have something on his mind and just pop out a question. Like tonight he jumped up and said lets go out to a nice place for dinner. I didn't mind so I agreed.

Both of us dressing nicely to go out. He wanted to take me into the city for dinner. I was nervous but I knew Mark would protect me. I was hardly afraid to go out any more.

Mark still taught me how to fight. But he would deny giving me a kiss as my reward if I didn't try better to fight him. So I tried to fight him while he trained me. I was better but I would never win a competition. But it was still good to learn as Mark said to me all the time.

" Are you ready?" Mark asked.

" Yes, I'm coming." I said walking into the room. Mark turned to look at me.

" Wow. You look beautiful Carla baby." He walked over to help me with my coat.

" Thank you." It was a yellow short sleeved dress.

" When did you but this?"

" A while back. Rebecca and I were out just widow shopping and we found it. Rebecca said I should buy it."