Chapter 20: Momento Mori, Remember You Will Die.

Authors Note: So this book is ranked #18 IN MYSTERY-THRILLER genre, I wasn't aware of this until yesterday, makes me excited AF! Thank You, Thank You and Thank You for the support, truly means the world to me. 

Christian POV~

I walk out of the Police Station enraged, I spent the whole fricking night there, it was obviously a misunderstanding, they needed a statement from Liam that I wasn't there when the murder of Jeremy was committed, Liam was rushed to the hospital but because of his injury they weren't able to get a statement right away. This is exactly why I will never trust the police with anything, it proves again how dysfunctional they truly are! It was a gloomy, rainy cold morning.

"Mr. Grey", said Taylor and Stefan he greeted me. 

"We lost the entire night, during that time they could have taken Michael across the borders by now, we need to find him", I say to Taylor. 

"Earlier we got a call from Dr. Collins", says Stefan.

"Dr. Collins? What is he doing here?", I ask. 

"They found the bodies of Michael and Josh downtown, they were both dismembered beyond recognition, Dr. Collins is both Michael and Josh's physician so he was called in", says Stefan. 

"Michael isn't dead, that is highly unlikely. Let's go", I say as I gulp. 

I mean, it's not time, there are still things we need to do. We hurry to the local hospital as I see Leo and Candice, Leo looked a mess, seemed like he was crying all night. The pain in his eyes, I know it all too well. He then saw me as he got up, he had this enraged look as he approached me. 

"Y... You", he cried as he tugged at my shirt enraged.

"Mr. Grey", says Taylor as he stepped forward.

"No Taylor", I say to him as Leo bawled his eyes out.

"You caused this! If it wasn't for you..", he said as he sniffed.

He then looked me in the eye as he trembled, I then pull him closer as I hugged him as everyone gasp.

"I know", I say as he cried in my arms.

"Christian", says Stefan in shock. 

"Mr. Grey", says a voice behind me.

I then turn around to see Dr. Collins. He had a depressed look on his face, he too had been crying.

"Dr. Collins", I say to him.

"Come with me", he says as he leads me to the morgue. 

I then see a body laying there on a slab, it was covered but I had a bad feeling.

"The arms have been removed as well as some internal organs and his face was smashed in, it's impossible for regular doctors to ID him, I'm Michael' doctor, all his files and data was sent to me, I can positively identify that this body is that of Michael", said Dr. Collins trying to hold back a tear. 

"No, this is a mistake, whoever did this is smart", I say laughing. 

"Mr. Grey...", says Dr. Collins.