Chapter 36

The entire forest was full of mud, dripping water and not to mention, half of the forest was already burned down, along with the nearest cities and streets. Black ashes were scattered onto the dirty ground, and there was no way to get back what the image of this planet was. The only way to do at this moment was to kill the demon and leave the planet before it would explode in any moment. The destruction of this conflict was clearly expected, yet no one ever wanted this in the first place. This monstrous disaster can be the most famous yet horrible history that this generation could get.

After all, it was already year 2018.

It was okay to do all of this since the entire humanity of Gaea were already in Theia, but then, all we ever wanted was to kill the beast in front of us.

"That was a great show!"

All of us glared and hissed at Helios when he exclaimed those words. How dare he say that while we were lurking through our sadness and agony for our lost loved ones? He only smirked and walked near us, before stopping just a few meters away from us. We slowly backed away from him as our eyes never left his dark ones.

"Move away!" Ares screamed to Helios as he chuckled.

"Why should I? I wanted to invite all of you to my feast, my dear friends." He said in a sickly-sweet voice as we rolled our eyes at him in sync.

"Stop trying to be all sunshine and rainbows, Helios." Dia spat at him as she looked at him from his head down his feet in disgust. "For all we know, you'll always rot in hell."

From the words that Dia said, Helios' eyes became a darker shade of orange. They soon became red, just like mine. What surprised us was he didn't said anything back to us and immediately disappeared into thin dust, making all of us gasp in surprise and shock. We couldn't believe that he could do that.

We all looked around us in search for the burning demon, but then, there was even no glimpse of his lighting figure. He was gone, but not dead.

Suddenly, we heard a very threatening and raspy voice behind us, whispering, "Get ready for the last battle."

The gasps dared to escape out from our mouths. We didn't matter to find him, because for a fact, he was circling us with his invisibility.

"And make sure to kill me."

Our eyes widened. Helios was expecting his death?

"Because if you can't,"

I already know what are the next last words that will leave past his dark lips.

"Then I will do otherwise."

We all only stared at each other as Gaea glared behind Ouranos. I sensed that she can see Helios even if he was invisible. I remembered; she had powers.

"But before that, make sure to disintegrate Eos and Poseidon's useless bodies."