Chapter 34

"I'll go first."

Poseidon offered himself first and stood in the middle. We all stared at him with worried looks on our faces. We all didn't want this to happen; nobody wanted this asides from the demon himself; Helios. He argued with us that he wanted to witness the death of Poseidon and his beloved older sister, Eos. We only said yes to him because simply, he was a spoiled brat.

Poseidon took a single strand of his dark hair and Hermes went to him. He looked at Poseidon with a pained look on his face, and before Poseidon burned his strand of hair with the fire that came out from his finger, he whispered in his ear, "I'm sorry, brother."

He only smiled at him and burned his strand of hair entirely.

Just like his strand of hair, his body was slowly burned. From his feet up to his head. But during his self-destruction, he didn't groan, grunted and let out screams of agony. He only smiled at us; telling us that he was indeed, happy that he may rest in peace. When the fire came up to his torso, he waved at us as we waved back at him, no matter if the demon was watching us with a proud smirk on his face.

When the fire was gone, his strand of hair did too.

No one dared to speak; we were all devastated by the situation. We bowed down our heads in sadness, but still, we were proud of Poseidon for being so brave to kill himself. He was a legend.

The night was eerie, yet it was silent. The water below us was slowly seeping inside the mud. Until, we saw Poseidon in a blue-shadowy form, walking towards Helios in a creepy manner. He also crossed his arms over his chest, imitating the devil. When he reached Helios, he only stood in front of him a few meters away from him as his blue eyes never left his dark ones.

"Are you happy now, my friend?" Poseidon asked Helios as Helios only looked at him wide eyes.

"Aren't you burned alive?"

Poseidon chuckled. But it was not like his typical, funny chuckle; it was an eerie one, and it actually sends shivers down my spine. I felt all the hair in my body rise up and goosebumps immediately formed on my entire body. My eyes widened at Poseidon when he went near Helios and rested his chin on his shoulder, making Helios look into the distance with a pair of widening eyes.

I think I knew what was going on.

"This is me, Helios," Poseidon whispered in his ear, "This is my soul."

We all gasped at his response as Helios was about to get Poseidon away from him, but Poseidon didn't even move an inch. Helios couldn't touch Poseidon, because for a fact, you cannot touch a human, demigod, or a god's soul.

I knew it.

May you rest in peace, Planitis 8.