Chapter 20

The whole planet Earth was already warned.

Half of the planet suffered from entire darkness, while the other half experienced from scorching heat under the sun. Even if they experienced those, they didn't complain, because they believe in their creator. They prayed for their lives, they prayed for their security and future. Nobody ignored her message, because they knew that she was deadly serious. They truly believed in her because they still want to live, even if the planet that they lived will end.

All that she said were true; technology was cut off, along with the entire planet's electricity. Crackling thunderstorms boomed through each human's ears. The sky immediately turned from sky blue to dark grey. The seven seas slowly washed the nearby cities, almost drowning the humanity. Heavy rain poured. The temperature had risen. Icecaps had melted. As from what Gaea said, these are just the beginning of the conflict. They believed that there would be worse outcomes after all of these, yet they still remained calm.

They knew that Gaea will help them reach out to the other dimension, to the other planet, rather. They hoped that all of them would be safe there, or else, they wouldn't forgive themselves if something bad will happen to them in the other planet.

Each of them hugged the love of their lives to death. They held hands tightly, never letting go. They kissed for the last time. They shared words full of love, affection, worry, care, and sadness. They didn't know if it would be the last time that they would see the love of their lives, but they did those just in case. They won't expect that they will die, because it would be the first reason why they would be worried. They looked into each other's eyes and expressed something more than words. Their feelings were the only thing that they have right now, asides from their loved ones. They didn't want this, but they knew that Gaea don't as well.

They don't know who were to blame, because Gaea never spoke about her enemies. But they thought that it would be best if she never spoke about her opponents, because if she did, then things will go worse. She wouldn't like that and so did the entire humanity of Earth.

Somewhere out from their hopes, they still felt worried and fear about dying. They thought about the possible outcomes when the conflict will begin. Some thought, "Why will Gaea let this happen if she loved us?" Nobody knew the answer, other than Gaea and the rest of the Planitis.

When the clock will hit on midnight, the real conflict will begin. There is only half an hour to pray, to cry or to devour the last moments of their loved ones. All of the people stared at their clocks with wide, feared eyes and hearts beating so fast. Their hands shook as their tears immediately dried out from crying.

Until, the clock strikes twelve.