C h a p t e r : 21

Devante

"Damn man! And you aint even get her name?" The barber asked this guy hair he was cutting

"Damn man! And you aint even get her name?" The barber asked this guy hair he was cutting. I only came in here to kick it with some of the fellas I use to be around almost everyday.

"Naw man it was just a fuck and dismiss" He said it like it was nothing "She wasn't even all that from the jump"

I cackled "Man you too old to be out here doing that to females, I'm surprised you ain't settled down yet" I intruded and they all snapped they heads at me.

"We can say the same for you! When you gone find you somebody to stay with for good? You ain't with ya baby mama and you still out here fucking on nympho's"

I stopped cackling once I realized my old barber Frank was talking to me. Him, my grandma and Aaliyah were the only three trying to talk me into going back to high school. He's one of the people I can come and talk to whenever I'm going through something.

Waving him off I said "C'mon man don't judge me, I have a reason to be doing what I'm doing" I assured him "Sariyah! Stop touching stuff and come over here and sit down"

She crossed her arms and dragged her feet as she walked towards my chair. I don't know where she got her attitude from, but it sure wasn't me. It had to be her mama.

"Okay what's the reason for you to be out here fucking on random girls instead of being in a proper relationship?" He asked me and I sat back in the chair sighing.

"Because--"

I was cut off by all them opening their mouths "Because the girl I want don't want me back" They all said in unison, mocking my famous line.

"Aight that's true but I'm actually speaking to somebody else now, well sorta" I said adjusting Sariyah on my lap.

"What kind of girl is she?" One of the other guys asked.

"Well she's in college, she attend Saint Leo university and she wants to be a teacher" I told them with a proud grin.

"That sounds great, how long you been knowing this girl?"

"I met her at this campus party back in December, ever since then we been talking non stop" I shrugged a shoulder "and she's actually roommates with my ex girl best friend"

"Aww shit!" The guys in the shop shook their heads and snickered.

"Man you know how nosy girls is! She probably know--"