C h a p t e r : 18

Aaliyah

February 27, 1998Los Angeles, CA

February 27, 1998
Los Angeles, CA

I was very excited for tonight! It was the 12th annual soul train awards, and me and the crew were all invited. I had to present an award and even was being nominated for Best R&B soul single female and I couldn't be any more happier. Also I didn't have a problem flying my best friend kidada out here for a fun night like this.

I haven't seen her since she left for college and due to us both being busy all the time, we rarely had the time to catch up. But when we did the conversations were juicy.

"This look is everything mami!" Missy said as she walked over to hug me. We both decided to come in similar outfits. Hers was pink and mines was black.

I chuckled "I can say the same to you! Pink seems to be your color"

She scrunched her face up "I mean it's cute or whatever but this gone be the last time I be seen in some girly shit" We both laughed.

"Well I look good too but I don't need any compliments to know that" Kidada budged in with her jealous behind.

"Kid!? I didn't even recognize you for a minute, I thought you was a personal assistant or some shit" She laughed walking over to hug her but Kidada pushed her back.

"Haha you so funny" She staled face her and we laughed even more.

We started moving inside the building I started to look around furrowing my eyebrow "Have you seen G and Timbaland? I thought you guys would've arrived together"

"Aww" She cooed and I gave her a confused look "You anxious to see your man?"

I playfully rolled my eyes "Um no, just checking"

As we went to take our seats, everyone else started to crowd inside the building since the show hasn't started yet.

The guys eventually showed up in time and took their seats next to us.

"What took you guys so long?" I asked.

"It was all his fault" Ginuwine pointed to Tim like a little kid.

He shook his head "No! He wanted to stand outside and wait for you to roll up and didn't wanna listen when I told him you were inside"

I looked over at him and chuckled "Awww" I cooed and pinched his chin "You couldn't wait to see me huh?"

He leaned over and gave me a quick peck.