C h a p t e r : 7

Aaliyah

"Cut!" The director yelled

Me and the crew were on the set for the video Up jumps da boogie. We have so many angles to shoot or reshoot but were all in a good mood so it's not exhausting. We were planning to release the video on July 11th, the same day as the song release or later. We were on a tight schedule and didn't have many days to shoot.

After what had went down between rashad and devante, we all been keeping our distance. My parents were actually trying to have them meet up to talk things out but neither of them wasn't having it. Since it's summer and I'm going to be even more busy, I let D keep riyah for some weeks. That was the only person I wasn't going to keep him away from.

"Who told you to come to this video shoot looking this good?" Ginuwine asked while tugging on one of my straps from my top.

I chuckled "I mean how did you expect me to show up?" I said then turned my attention towards the snack table. From the corner of my eye I can see him starring at me.

"Aye come here I want you to meet somebody" He semi yelled across the room. Static came over to join us.

I crossed paths with him before but never really met, as in held a conversation. I know he writes some dope songs and actually knows how to sing. He's also a record producer and is part of a group called playa signed with def jam "Look man this is Aaliyah, liyah this is static, yawl probably heard of one another"

He went in for a friendly hug and I returned it "I know exactly who this superstar is, you have an amazing voice beautiful" He complimented me.

"Thank you" I blushed "I heard about you and I can say the same"

He nodded "If you don't mind, I would really like to work with you some day" he said with a soft smile "ya know, sit in the studio with you, missy, and tim and see if we could come up with something"

"Yes! I like that idea, that sounds cool"

He reached in his back pocket "Here's my card, give me a call whenever you feel like it"

"I definitely will, it was nice meeting you" I smiled "It was my pleasure meeting you gorgeous" He shook my hand, and winked before walking off.

I didn't notice I was starring at him until I heard ginuwine fake cough. I playfully rolled my eyes "What do you want?"

"Nothing, I just like being around you girl" He placed his arm around my shoulder "Bjt sooner or later we gone be around each other more often, and I'm not talking about business wise" He laughed.