C h a p t e r : 5

Aaliyah

*FlashbackOctober 31, 1994

*Flashback
October 31, 1994

This was the third time devante had looked over at me thinking I haven't noticed. I was sick to my stomach but I agreed to come to this Halloween party at the school with the rest of them. I haven't told him the big news yet because I'm was scared. The only person that knows is kidada, and she insisted that I tell him right away.

It felt like I was basically telling on myself by how weird I was acting, and I guess he caught on to that "Aye Li what's wrong with you?" He asked swinging his arm around my shoulder and taking off his mask.

I shook my head "Nothing, just hungry" I wasn't lying about that part. I saw kidada look over at me with a questionable expression, she wanted me to just get it out and stop lying about it. Maybe that will make him even more mad.

"Well they got some food over here, come on" he chuckled then walked off but I gripped his arm "Okay wait I have to tell you something"

He saw the look in my eyes and gave me his undivided attention "What is it?" He asked and I felt my stomach drop. Did I plan on telling him in a place like this? No. We need to be alone.

Should I just continue to lie? He's still waiting for an answer.

"Bro come on their about to announce the best costumes" Dalvin rushed over and grabbed devante. I wanted to hug him for that.

I whistled and wiped my forehead as if I was sweating.

"And how much longer will he have to wait for you to reveal the secret?" Kidada came to my side and raised an eyebrow.

I sighed "Look I just need some more time but I'm going to tell him" I assured her.

Later that night

I sat the phone back on the floor and hurled over the toilet...Again. I threw up everything I ate today and my head was throbbing. I flushed the toilet and rinsed my mouth out but left the water running so nobody could here my conversation.

I picked the phone back up "Liyah what's the matter with you? It's like you been sick all week" D asked on the other line.

I combed my nails threw my hair "That's what I wanted to talk to you about"

"This sound serious"

I slowly nodded "Because it is" was all I said and suddenly froze. This seemed so hard to get out.